Small dog with pancreatitis, raw diet recipe?

My small dog , 5.5 lbs of the most important thing in my whole life was being baby sat by my mother, and from what i understand somehow he got into ham and pork, diegsted a ton of it, now has pancreatitis. He is on raw diet, and it is VERY balanced.…

My small dog , 5.5 lbs of the most important thing in my whole life was being baby sat by my mother, and from what i understand somehow he got into ham and pork, diegsted a ton of it, now has pancreatitis. He is on raw diet, and it is VERY balanced.…...
    General Dog Discussions : Small dog with pancreatitis, raw diet recipe?...

• Small dog with pancreatitis, raw diet recipe?

Small dog with pancreatitis, raw diet recipe? General Dog Discussions
      My small dog , 5.5 lbs of the most important thing in my whole life was being baby sat by my mother, and from what i understand somehow he got into ham and pork, diegsted a ton of it, now has pancreatitis. He is on raw diet, and it is VERY balanced. below i have writen down basically wht it consists of. Now he needs VERY bland diet. The vet recomended Royal Canin prescribed food. But the first ingredients are fish, water, meat by product, rice, corn meal (it is a canned food). Which doesnt sound good at all.I heard to have low fat, high fiber, bland. I also heard that fish is good? maybe?I was thinking white fish or chicken breast, and 1 veggie (high in fiber like kidney beans or spinach), maybe add a bit of brown rice or barley??? i would LOVE suggestions. Thank you so much in advance!Antibiotic-free, hormone-free Protein 90% with 10% Slop (fruit/veggie, other)Wholemeat, liver, Heart, ground bones: Duck, Venison, Quail, Cornish gamehen, Pheasant, Elk, Turkey, Beef, Lamb, Rabbit, Chicken, Trout (and other fish).Raw,uncooked Apples, Carrots, Butternut Squash, Yams, Zucchini, Ground Flaxseed,Chicken Eggs, Broccoli, Lettuce, Spinach, Dried Kelp, Apple Cider Vinegar, Parsley, Honey, Salmon Oil, Olive Oil, Blueberries,Strawberries, Blackberries, Cranberries, Daikon, Banana, Peaches,Yogurt, Pumpkin, Celery, Alfalfa Sprouts, Wheat Grass, Beets, Peppers,Persimmons, Kale, Duck Eggs, Pheasant Eggs, Quail Eggs, Rosemary, Sage,Clove, Tyme, Bay leaves, Ginger root, Seaweed.

Small dog with pancreatitis, raw diet recipe? General Dog Discussions
    • Last Spring, my 16 yr old Chi suffered a bout of pancreatitis and after a 4 day stay at the vet hospital, the vet prescribed the same Royal Canin prescription food. My dog would not touch it. So, I cooked some chicken and rice and fed that to him in very small amounts. He didn't have much of an appetite, but the vet said that was okay since a little lack of appetite will give the pancreas more time to rest which speeds recovery. Your raw diet recipe looks very complete, but I really do think you should keep him on the chicken and rice for a few days. Hope he's feeling better soon.

• I don't see why you would want to switch to Royal Canin. What he is eating sounds really good. I don't feed my dog any grains. My boy is allergic. I am so glad that your dog has recovered. Pancreatitis is very painful and serious.