The right dog toy for my dog? (also on fetching)?

I'm sure a lot of people go through this when getting a dog. Anyways to my question, so my chocolate lab loves the squeaky toys but most are stuff and very easy to tear open. I want to get him a squeaky toy but I really don't have the extra money to keep…

I'm sure a lot of people go through this when getting a dog. Anyways to my question, so my chocolate lab loves the squeaky toys but most are stuff and very easy to tear open. I want to get him a squeaky toy but I really don't have the extra money to keep…...
    General Dog Discussions : The right dog toy for my dog? (also on fetching)?...

• The right dog toy for my dog? (also on fetching)?

The right dog toy for my dog? (also on fetching)? General Dog Discussions
      I'm sure a lot of people go through this when getting a dog. Anyways to my question, so my chocolate lab loves the squeaky toys but most are stuff and very easy to tear open. I want to get him a squeaky toy but I really don't have the extra money to keep buying them for him. When I fight adopted him I got him his raw hide and what seems to be a plastic fake bone that he can chew on for healthier teeth. But he won't even acknowledge the plastic dog bone. So he doesn't like plastic but chews threw any stuffed toy with in minutes. The only one that has made it this far would be the big mallard duck that squeaks but that's because it's for training purposes and I don't let him chew on it. As for my second question, he is a lab so he loves to play fetch. I've only gotten him his duck and a ball for playing with but he won't go after the ball no matter what I try. He will go after the duck all day but when it comes to the ball nada! I was wondering what you all did in training your dog to fetch and I mean anything whether it be a ball, frisbee, anything! A little bit about him - He's a 2 year old that I adopted from a local shelter. They didn't tell me much about just that he was a stray when they found him.What I meant by not having a lot of money is that im not going to go get a new toy for him every time he ruins it. I'm not poor just don't want to spend hundreds on toys when i think there is something out there that is durable enough to last. And no I don't feed him any human food AT ALL. He gets straight dog food!

The right dog toy for my dog? (also on fetching)? General Dog Discussions
    • If you don't have a lot of money, how about going to Goodwill and after washing and rinsing it carefully, maybe you could try a frisbee. My vet says to stay away from giving dogs ANY bones. I'm talking about real bones here. Because the bones can easily splinter and puncture the intestines of your dog. So skip bones. My two Golden Retrievers love to tear up toys, too. So I started bringing them with me to garage sales, and often, people would "fall in love" with the dogs and just give me the whole box of toys for them. Some dogs just don't like the balls. So, again, frisbee might be your dog's thing. One of my dogs is OBSESSED with tennis balls. The other one has pretty much zero interest in the whole ball thing. Have fun with your new friend. And by the way: Avocados are deadly for dogs, as are raisins. We did not know this before we got our dogs. But there are a couple of things (not kidding here) that are EXTREMELY toxic to dogs. A natural sweetener that you can get at a health food store called "Xylitol" is fatal for dogs as well. So when you take your dog to the dog park, make sure he/she does not swallow any sugarless gum sweetened with Xylitol. If the dog DOES ingest this stuff, GET HIM TO THE VET, PRONTO. Okay, enough of the scary stuff. Dogs rule. And I know you are going to have so much fun with your dog.