What can I do about my flat-haired retriever scratching problems?

I've treated him for fleas (still some); changed his dog food to high quality (vet recommended); bathed him once a week. Help!

I've treated him for fleas (still some); changed his dog food to high quality (vet recommended); bathed him once a week. Help!...
    General Dog Discussions : What can I do about my flat-haired retriever scratching problems?...

• What can I do about my flat-haired retriever scratching problems?

What can I do about my flat-haired retriever scratching problems? General Dog Discussions
      I've treated him for fleas (still some); changed his dog food to high quality (vet recommended); bathed him once a week. Help!

What can I do about my flat-haired retriever scratching problems? General Dog Discussions
    • It might be allergies; some dogs get them. Flat coats have long, think hair which makes them prone to having things caught in there. I had one, and she would frequently have burrs, seeds, or insects stuck in her fur. Ask your vet about allergies, and medicate any scratch-related sores you find. Good luck!

• 2 solutions: -get him an allergy shot (my dog had the same problem and now she is perfectly normal after getting one.)-some dogs have mental issues or are known for psycalogical issues. Scratching is one of them, when you see her scratching make her quit. but if it doesn't work she may need medication.;) good luck