What is the best leash or harness for a pet rat?

I have two female pet rats and I think it will be super cute to take them for walks around the neighborhood using a leash or harness. Which one would be best?

I have two female pet rats and I think it will be super cute to take them for walks around the neighborhood using a leash or harness. Which one would be best?...
    General Dog Discussions : What is the best leash or harness for a pet rat?...

• What is the best leash or harness for a pet rat?

What is the best leash or harness for a pet rat? General Dog Discussions
      I have two female pet rats and I think it will be super cute to take them for walks around the neighborhood using a leash or harness. Which one would be best?

What is the best leash or harness for a pet rat? General Dog Discussions
    • that would be cute! just dont take it on peoples lawns they may have weed treatment that is poisninus. ussually you can find a pretty good harness at a pet store, if you bring your pet maybe you could ask a person who works there if you could try it on your pet, you may not want to spent 10$ or something on a hrness your pet doesnt like or will refuse to wear.

• Not a good idea. They are not dogs. The slightest sudden noise or sound can send them into a frantic panic, where being attatched to a leash would only terrify them, and they will eather wiggle free or injure themselves trying to escape. Niether harnesses or leashes are appropriate because it puts a lot of pressure on their neck when they pull, and they can hurt or even kill themselves this way. If they escape, you probably won't find them again since they will be scared, and when rats are scared they hide and stay quiet.They can also get sick VERY easily! You will need to be taking them to a vet much more often!Please do not take them outside. They are not dogs. They do not cope well with different surroundings frequently. Although some people out there do this with success, it's just not worth the risk of losing your beloved pets.Instead, let them roam around your room freely. They would love to explore in their own will and not worry about some restraint device stuck on them (they don't like that!).

• there might not be a leash that fits rats. If you can find one, that might be good. but i have not found a rat leash, just a ferret one that my gerbil won't wear.