What should I do with my dog, after she drank cooking oil?

My neighbor poured remaining cooking oil in our backyard, my 2 yr. old Bichon Frise went over and drank it. She has been vomiting and pooping all over and i dont know what to do. I called the vet, and they didnt really help. Any suggestions?

My neighbor poured remaining cooking oil in our backyard, my 2 yr. old Bichon Frise went over and drank it. She has been vomiting and pooping all over and i dont know what to do. I called the vet, and they didnt really help. Any suggestions?...
    General Dog Discussions : What should I do with my dog, after she drank cooking oil?...

• What should I do with my dog, after she drank cooking oil?

What should I do with my dog, after she drank cooking oil? General Dog Discussions
      My neighbor poured remaining cooking oil in our backyard, my 2 yr. old Bichon Frise went over and drank it. She has been vomiting and pooping all over and i dont know what to do. I called the vet, and they didnt really help. Any suggestions?

What should I do with my dog, after she drank cooking oil? General Dog Discussions
    • feed her plain white rice maybe with a bit of chicken broth (low or no sodium) keep her on that until she firms back up. It might take a day or two. As long as she is drinking water and eating a bit, she'll be fine. Don't let her go more than 24 hours without drinking. The vet will have to administer liquids under the skin at that point. But the rice diet should work provided there was nothing toxic in the oil.

• It's just going to purge her system which means lots of poop and puke. The poor thing. I hope you at least have words with yout neighbor about this and send any vet bills their way.

• Whatever you do, don't stand directly behind the dog! (wink).The cooking oil isn't going to do any permanent damage. Can't say the same for anything that may or may not have been in the cooking oil.If it was mine I would give it some kopectate and watch it like a hawk for any other developing symptoms.

• First, get her to a vet..If yours isn't helpfull call another... She will probably need to be given fluids and vet prescribed anti-vomiting and anti-direaheal medicine (I've been throught it a few times...MY foster pets will eat anything..).. Take the vets advice...you might have to get a prescription food for a week or to like Hill's I/D which will help her stomach get used to eating doggy kibble again... and then go outside and put dirt or something over the grease..(sand, kitty litter) and make sure you dont leave her near it unattended... Or buy a fence between you and your neighbor.