When you make a whelping box for your pregnant dog, will she automatically use it?

My german shepherd is pregnant and I am going to build a whelping box for her. Will she automatically use it or do I need to do something to get her interested in it? Any tips?

When you make a whelping box for your pregnant dog, will she automatically use it?

My german shepherd is pregnant and I am going to build a whelping box for her. Will she automatically use it or do I need to do something to get her interested in it? Any tips?...
    General Dog Discussions : When you make a whelping box for your pregnant dog, will she automatically use it?...

• When you make a whelping box for your pregnant dog, will she automatically use it?

When you make a whelping box for your pregnant dog, will she automatically use it? General Dog Discussions
      My german shepherd is pregnant and I am going to build a whelping box for her. Will she automatically use it or do I need to do something to get her interested in it? Any tips?

When you make a whelping box for your pregnant dog, will she automatically use it? General Dog Discussions
    • keep it comfortable and when she has the puppies be sure she is in there, make sure there isn't too much foot traffic around it and its in a safe place and she should get the idea and use it... keep her food and water there too she'll be more inclined to stick around there if you do.

• If it is going to be positioned somwhere different from where her bed usually is, you should take away her bed at about 6-7 weeks into the pregnancy and put the blankets from her bed into the whelping box to encourage her to acceot it as a comfortable, safe place in which to nest.at about 8 1/2 weeks, remove her blankets, line it with newspaper, and give her some vet bed or a new blanket to lay on just incase she goes in to labour.good luck with the new puppies!(Remember roll bars!!)