I just got a puppy from the killeen animal shelter?

I got a puppy from the killeen animal shelter. Shes a 4 month old brindle pit and she wont eat she wont play she wont even drink water. I tried to give her scramble eggs a lil piece of steak nothing, is this signs of parvo. She also has puss bubble on…

I got a puppy from the killeen animal shelter. Shes a 4 month old brindle pit and she wont eat she wont play she wont even drink water. I tried to give her scramble eggs a lil piece of steak nothing, is this signs of parvo. She also has puss bubble on…...
    General Dog Discussions : I just got a puppy from the killeen animal shelter?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I just got a puppy from the killeen animal shelter?

I just got a puppy from the killeen animal shelter? General Dog Discussions
      I got a puppy from the killeen animal shelter. Shes a 4 month old brindle pit and she wont eat she wont play she wont even drink water. I tried to give her scramble eggs a lil piece of steak nothing, is this signs of parvo. She also has puss bubble on her belly near the back of her. I'm think bout akin her back to the shelter if i cant treat her for this. Any advice would b greatly appreciated

I just got a puppy from the killeen animal shelter? General Dog Discussions
    • You should have her vet checked. It's common for animals not to eat or play for a day or two when going to a new home, but the bubble issue needs to be checked out. Honestly, if she does have something wrong, that should have been treated at the shelter, unless this happened a day or two after getting her. I wouldn't take her back there if she had this before you got her. But then you probably signed a return policy, so yes, do take her back there if you are unable to care for her. One thing about surrendering animals..you likely will never be able to rescue again.

• Well I would start with her physical symptoms you should care for the puss bubble by using a product like bactine. Don't use peroxide or rubbing alcohol its too harsh and then put polysporin on it a couple times a day. You should take her to the vet to get a physical examination done. She could have worms and other underlying health problems that are causing her low energy level and appetite.

• Since you just got her, you should take her to a vet, regardless of whether she is sick or well for a health evaluation. If it is in bad health, you might consider taking it back to the shelter and show then the vet health report and get a different dog.Papaw