My dog has been diagnosed with a torn ACL & needs TPLO surgery. I'm scared and need advice.?

It is his left back leg. He is a big dog - 130 lbs. Rott/Lab mix. I have heard some good outcomes from TPLO and some horror stories. I need some advice.

My dog has been diagnosed with a torn ACL & needs TPLO surgery. I'm scared and need advice.?

It is his left back leg. He is a big dog - 130 lbs. Rott/Lab mix. I have heard some good outcomes from TPLO and some horror stories. I need some advice....
    General Dog Discussions : My dog has been diagnosed with a torn ACL & needs TPLO surgery. I'm scared and need advice.?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My dog has been diagnosed with a torn ACL & needs TPLO surgery. I'm scared and need advice.?

My dog has been diagnosed with a torn ACL & needs TPLO surgery. I'm scared and need advice.? General Dog Discussions
      It is his left back leg. He is a big dog - 130 lbs. Rott/Lab mix. I have heard some good outcomes from TPLO and some horror stories. I need some advice.

My dog has been diagnosed with a torn ACL & needs TPLO surgery. I'm scared and need advice.? General Dog Discussions
    • Well, NOT fixing it is not an option.Talk to your vet, follow the recovery instructions and you will likely have a good outcome. Very often, the dogs who end up with problems are the dog's who's owners didn't do what the vet told them.Check around, if there is a place in your area that offers hydrotherapy - I strongly recommend it.