My dog is having TTA surgery (for a torn ACL), has anyone gone through this?

I am wondering what the recovery will be like. Any info or suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

I am wondering what the recovery will be like. Any info or suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog is having TTA surgery (for a torn ACL), has anyone gone through this?...

• My dog is having TTA surgery (for a torn ACL), has anyone gone through this?

My dog is having TTA surgery (for a torn ACL), has anyone gone through this? General Dog Discussions
      I am wondering what the recovery will be like. Any info or suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

My dog is having TTA surgery (for a torn ACL), has anyone gone through this? General Dog Discussions
    • yes, my golden blew hers at the age of 2.. Recovery is horrible. sorry. She did therapy for a good 6 months ( I did it at home... they told me what to do. ) after everything is healed over, and she is walking decently again, do alot of gentle swimming if possible. it helps strengthen the muscles. They say it is very common for the other ACL to tear bc of all the limping... i think the swimming is what prevented this in amber. the first 4-6 weeks is the worst... amber was pretty good after that... she got to 100% at about 6 mos... and i have never regreted it... she is 7 now, and hunts, is in agility, and is a very active girl... just be very restrictive with your baby for awhile right away, and make sure u are going to a great vet... i didn't go to my normal vet for her surgery. Hope ur pup does well with it!!