What are the weird things on my dogs skin?

They are brown ranging in size from a poppy seed to a small sesame seed. They almost match her skin tone and disapear when I wash here and return about three to four weeks later. They are most definitely NOT flea eggs and they are hard but not…

They are brown ranging in size from a poppy seed to a small sesame seed. They almost match her skin tone and disapear when I wash here and return about three to four weeks later. They are most definitely NOT flea eggs and they are hard but not…...
    General Dog Discussions : What are the weird things on my dogs skin?...

• What are the weird things on my dogs skin?

What are the weird things on my dogs skin? General Dog Discussions
      They are brown ranging in size from a poppy seed to a small sesame seed. They almost match her skin tone and disapear when I wash here and return about three to four weeks later. They are most definitely NOT flea eggs and they are hard but not unbreakable - almost like flaky dried dandruff. All are circular. Help, please!!

What are the weird things on my dogs skin? General Dog Discussions
    • I think you're talking about regular dirt and dead skin cells mixed with a little of the oil secreted by the dog's oil glands which makes it stick to the skin more firmly than, say, a sprinkle of mud. If what you are seeing appears only on the bare area of the abdomen and inside of the hind legs, that's almost certainly what it is. It's harmless. Just wash it off every once in a while.If they wash off and she's showing no signs of discomfort or illness, it should be safe enough to wait until your next scheduled vet visit to have your vet confirm this. Just make a point of not bathing her before the visit so she has something to show him.