What to do when dog drags her feet when i walk her back home from the park?

Its embarrassing to pull my dog all the wayyy home, how do i stop her from doing it, she never listens to me, she only takes advantage of me. by the way, when my mom walks her back home, she doesnt drag her feet at all, instead she walks back home…

Its embarrassing to pull my dog all the wayyy home, how do i stop her from doing it, she never listens to me, she only takes advantage of me. by the way, when my mom walks her back home, she doesnt drag her feet at all, instead she walks back home…...
    General Dog Discussions : What to do when dog drags her feet when i walk her back home from the park?...

• What to do when dog drags her feet when i walk her back home from the park?

What to do when dog drags her feet when i walk her back home from the park? General Dog Discussions
      Its embarrassing to pull my dog all the wayyy home, how do i stop her from doing it, she never listens to me, she only takes advantage of me. by the way, when my mom walks her back home, she doesnt drag her feet at all, instead she walks back home wagging her tail, acting all obedient and nice. How do i make her stop taking advantage of me?when i said drags her feet, i mean she pulls hard on the leash, so i would walk her longer.

What to do when dog drags her feet when i walk her back home from the park? General Dog Discussions
    • I do not know what Zoe is talking about, but the REAL answer would be to bring a handful of treats with you only for the walk home. Treats she doesn't get any other time. When she stops walking with you, put the treat to her nose and let her follow it. When she's gone a couple of feet, give her the treat. Walk some more, then when she stops again, put the treat in front of her nose, and let her follow it again. But this time don't give her the treat until you've walked about 5-6 feet. Just keep this up until you get home. Tell her good girl when she follows the treat, and when you get home, make a big deal about what a great dog she is, and give her a couple of the treats. Also, make sure you are giving her the same amount of exercise that your mom is. A tired dog tends to be more apt to be obedient.