My doxie has had a lipoma for the past 4 years and now it's shrinking, will it go away?

...on its own? She's 11 now and I really don't want her under anesthesia unless absolutely necessary, any feedback would be appreciated.It was tested and is indeed benign.

My doxie has had a lipoma for the past 4 years and now it's shrinking, will it go away?

...on its own? She's 11 now and I really don't want her under anesthesia unless absolutely necessary, any feedback would be appreciated.It was tested and is indeed benign....
    General Dog Discussions : My doxie has had a lipoma for the past 4 years and now it's shrinking, will it go away?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My doxie has had a lipoma for the past 4 years and now it's shrinking, will it go away?

My doxie has had a lipoma for the past 4 years and now it's shrinking, will it go away? General Dog Discussions
      ...on its own? She's 11 now and I really don't want her under anesthesia unless absolutely necessary, any feedback would be appreciated.It was tested and is indeed benign.

My doxie has had a lipoma for the past 4 years and now it's shrinking, will it go away? General Dog Discussions
    • They may go down a little, especially if your dog loses weight overall. I've never seen one go away, though. Dogs with lipomas do well unless the lipoma is in a bad place, such as under the front leg, where the dog would have trouble walking. Others can be underneath the belly, making it difficult to lie down comfortably. So it's mainly a matter of comfort and gait for your dog.Most vets will just watch lipomas and not perform surgery unless they start to grow and cause problems. Dogs that get one lipoma will tend to develop more.If your dog is doing just fine, then I wouldn't worry about it. If she needs her teeth done, then that'd be the best time to take it off, if you are going to.Remember to have all lumps tested and not to assume another one is the same, even if it looks the same.If your dog is overweight (most doxies are) then get her weight where it needs to be, and that may help keep the lipomas down.vet tech