My vet suspects my dog has addison's disease. she is started to shake when she eats is that bad?

That is probably the only symptom that I have noticed. I know that stress on a dog is a factor in addison's disease. I moved in with my boyfriend about 2 years ago and to make a long story short, my dogs are in a nice dog house outside. My dogs are 6…

My vet suspects my dog has addison's disease. she is started to shake when she eats is that bad?

That is probably the only symptom that I have noticed. I know that stress on a dog is a factor in addison's disease. I moved in with my boyfriend about 2 years ago and to make a long story short, my dogs are in a nice dog house outside. My dogs are 6…...
    General Dog Discussions : My vet suspects my dog has addison's disease. she is started to shake when she eats is that bad?...

• My vet suspects my dog has addison's disease. she is started to shake when she eats is that bad?

My vet suspects my dog has addison's disease. she is started to shake when she eats is that bad? General Dog Discussions
      That is probably the only symptom that I have noticed. I know that stress on a dog is a factor in addison's disease. I moved in with my boyfriend about 2 years ago and to make a long story short, my dogs are in a nice dog house outside. My dogs are 6 and 4 and have always been house dogs. I am wondering if the stress of not always being around me could increase the severity of the AD.

My vet suspects my dog has addison's disease. she is started to shake when she eats is that bad? General Dog Discussions
    • Addison's disease is also known as hypoadrenocorticism. It is an insufficient production of adrenal hormones by the adrenal gland. Since these hormones are essential for life, this is an extremely serious disease and it must be treated as such. Adrenal insufficiency can be primary or secondary. Primary adrenocorticism affects salt/potassium balance in the body and glucorticoid as well. Secondary adrenocorticism usually only affects the glucocorticoids. It is not known why primary adrenocorticism occurs but it may be an immune mediated process. Secondary adrenocorticism probably occurs most often when prednisone or other cortisone being administered for medical reasons are suddenly withdrawn. It can occur as a result of pituitary cancer or some other process that interferes with production of hormones that stimulate the adrenal glands. Ads by GoogleAddison's DiseaseLearn About Addison's Disease. Causes, Symptoms, And Treatments.www. Healia. com/ DiseaseDog Cushings Disease?4 Facts Your Stupid Vet Failed To Tell You About Dog Cushings Diseasecushingsdiseasebreakthroughs. comMy Dog's Heart DiseaseI want to share our dog's story and maybe help some other families...i-love-my-dogs. com/ heart-diseaseTreat Addison's DiseaseTime tested remedies. Most affordable prices. Safe shopping.www. larsons-homeo. com Most dogs with Addison's disease initially have gastrointestinal disturbances like vomiting. Lethargy it also a common early sign. Poor appetite can occur as well. These are pretty vague signs and it is extremely easy to miss this disease. More severe signs occur when a dog with hypoadrenocorticism is stressed or when potassium levels get high enough to interfere with heart function. Dogs with this problem will sometimes suffer severe shock symptoms when stressed, which can lead to a rapid death. When potassium levels get high heart arrythmias occur or even heart stoppage which also is fatal. In some cases, especially secondary Addison's disease, there are no detectable electrolyte changes. You have to pay close attention to a dog with this problem. Don't ignore any changes in appetite, GI disturbances or anything else that makes you think your dog is ill. If you work with your vet and are careful about following his or her directions this disease has a good prognosis when it is discovered before a crisis occurs.

• If your vet suspects that your dog has addison's disease she should be tested and treatment started if she tests positive. This is not something that goes away by itself and you should be proactive on this one.