adopted a rescue pinzer dog who is super skinny i think i can feel her ribs how much food to fatten her up?

how many bowls of food should i give her a day to get her back to "normal" size . oh and she is a big dog?

adopted a rescue pinzer dog who is super skinny i think i can feel her ribs how much food to fatten her up?

how many bowls of food should i give her a day to get her back to "normal" size . oh and she is a big dog?...
    General Dog Discussions : adopted a rescue pinzer dog who is super skinny i think i can feel her ribs how much food to fatten her up?...

• adopted a rescue pinzer dog who is super skinny i think i can feel her ribs how much food to fatten her up?

adopted a rescue pinzer dog who is super skinny i think i can feel her ribs how much food to fatten her up? General Dog Discussions
      how many bowls of food should i give her a day to get her back to "normal" size . oh and she is a big dog?

adopted a rescue pinzer dog who is super skinny i think i can feel her ribs how much food to fatten her up? General Dog Discussions
    • What type of food are you feeding her? Look on the bag and feed her the recommended dosage for her age/weight. You don't have to feed her extra, she will put on weight just from eating what she should.

• I have a 5 year old Black Lab who is currently 10 pounds overweight and I can feel his ribs also. Suggest you verify with a vet how heavy your dog should be before you fatten him up.

• I would suggest it is safer to feed her a normal amount for her age and breed, or maybe slightly over. If you feed her too much, you'll probably do her more harm than good. She should reach the weight on her own in time.But it might be a good idea to get her checked to see why exactly she's so skinny. It could be a medical problem, not just a case of starvation/neglect.Also, get her weighed and see how far off she is from her recommended weight (a quick google search of her breed will tell you that)