Is Beneful a good dog food brand for dogs and pups?

Is Beneful a good dog food brand for dogs and pups?...
    General Dog Discussions : Is Beneful a good dog food brand for dogs and pups?...

• Is Beneful a good dog food brand for dogs and pups?

Is Beneful a good dog food brand for dogs and pups? General Dog Discussions

Is Beneful a good dog food brand for dogs and pups? General Dog Discussions
    • No, it's one of the worst out there.You can check out http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com or http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com for more indepth explainations as to why each ingredients in a dog food are good or bad, but generally, you want to avoid any dog foods containing grains, corns or byproducts. Corn and grains aren't nutritious for dogs, and they're known causes of allergies. Byproducts are categorized as anything unfit for human consumption... So, that could mean eyes, tails, intestines, etc. Look for a brand free of all of the above, and make sure it is meat based. It should have a NAMED meat as the first ingredient, and a named meat meal as the second. By named I mean chicken, lamb and so on. When a brand just says meat meal or animal digest, that means it could be literally any meat. Roadkill, euthenized dogs and cats and so on.. Disgusting. Some cheap, shitty brands even contain controversial ingredients linked to CANCER and other serious medical problems.Some brands that are actually good are orijen, blue wilderness, wellness core, instinct, evo, merricks, canidae, acana, evangers, nutrisca, Artemis, weruva, taste of the wild and ziwipeak. Avoid pedigree, royal canin, science diet, beneful, wagg, purina, iams and any other brands that have similar ingredients.Aside from kibble you can also give the dog a raw beef rib once or twice a week for dental hygiene, or lamb legs.. Butchers may also be able to provide you with cheap leftover bones.Raw eggs are also nice for a healthy skin and coat, and are good for overall health as well. I give my dogs a raw egg once or twice a week, though some people even give it to their dogs everyday. And by eggs I mean shell and all. For the nutrients in an egg to be balanced that's required. If you don't want to deal with eggs though you can instead add a simple salmon oil pill once a day. They're sold at petstores which is nice.As for price... I gave you a few brands to choose from, but most better brands are more expensive. It's like comparing a real steak to a nasty hamburger from McDonald's. The latter is unhealthy, fattening, greasy but inexpensive. Look at it this way though. The better the brand the less you feed. With shitty brands, they lack many nutrients so you need to feed a lot more. Better brands are packed full of healthy ingredients so the dog needs less to get what they need nutritionally. Dogs fed a better diet also have less health problems, so less vet visits... They also shed less, have more energy and smell less. It's totally worth it.

• You can check out http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com or http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com for more indepth explainations as to why each ingredients in a dog food are good or bad, but generally, you want to avoid any dog foods containing grains, corns or byproducts. Corn and grains aren't nutritious for dogs, and they're known causes of allergies. Byproducts are categorized as anything unfit for human consumption... So, that could mean eyes, tails, intestines, etc. Look for a brand free of all of the above, and make sure it is meat based. It should have a NAMED meat as the first ingredient, and a named meat meal as the second. By named I mean chicken, lamb and so on. When a brand just says meat meal or animal digest, that means it could be literally any meat. Roadkill, euthenized dogs and cats and so on.. Disgusting. Some cheap, shitty brands even contain controversial ingredients linked to CANCER and other serious medical problems.Some brands that are actually good are orijen, blue wilderness, wellness core, instinct, evo, merricks, canidae, acana, evangers, nutrisca, Artemis, weruva, taste of the wild and ziwipeak , royal canin are good foodsAvoid pedigree, science diet, beneful, wagg, purina, iams and any other brands that have similar ingredients.Aside from kibble you can also give the dog a raw beef rib once or twice a week for dental hygiene, or lamb legs.. Butchers may also be able to provide you with cheap leftover bones.Raw eggs are also nice for a healthy skin and coat, and are good for overall health as well. I give my dogs a raw egg once or twice a week, though some people even give it to their dogs everyday. And by eggs I mean shell and all. For the nutrients in an egg to be balanced that's required. If you don't want to deal with eggs though you can instead add a simple salmon oil pill once a day. They're sold at petstores which is nice.As for price... I gave you a few brands to choose from, but most better brands are more expensive. It's like comparing a real steak to a nasty hamburger from McDonald's. The latter is unhealthy, fattening, greasy but inexpensive. Look at it this way though. The better the brand the less you feed. With shitty brands, they lack many nutrients so you need to feed a lot more. Better brands are packed full of healthy ingredients so the dog needs less to get what they need nutritionally. Dogs fed a better diet also have less health problems, so less vet visits... They also shed less, have more energy and smell less. It's totally worth it.