How do you start dog walking?

I'm 18, full-time uni and part-time retail worker. I was considering doing some dog walking for fitness reasons and while I don't own a dog, I have helped my friends walk their dogs in the past. I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips on getting…

I'm 18, full-time uni and part-time retail worker. I was considering doing some dog walking for fitness reasons and while I don't own a dog, I have helped my friends walk their dogs in the past. I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips on getting…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do you start dog walking?...

• How do you start dog walking?

How do you start dog walking? General Dog Discussions
      I'm 18, full-time uni and part-time retail worker. I was considering doing some dog walking for fitness reasons and while I don't own a dog, I have helped my friends walk their dogs in the past. I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips on getting started?

How do you start dog walking? General Dog Discussions
    • PUT UP SOME FLYERS IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD AND LOCAL STORES AND MAKE LITTLE TABS THEY CAN RIP OFF THE FLYERS. WITH YOUR PHONE NUMBER. JUST PUT YOUR A DOG WALKER AND HOW MUCH YOULL CHARGE PER HOUR. FOR YOUR FIRST TIME MEETING BRING SOMEONE WITH YOU FOR SAFTY PURPOSE UNTIL YOU KNOW WHO YOULL BE DOG WALKING FOR.

• First you need to learn dog body language, how to recognize what's on their minds, how to train dogs to walk and walk together. then how to recognize that some dogs will not get along with others and what to do about it other than dropping them from your program.then practice with about five at one time to see if you can handle it. It's not what it's cracked up to be.

• I would consider going and getting a part time job at a shelter or vet's office. Maybe even volunteer work. I mean no offense but I don't let anyone walk my dog besides me. There are far too many things that could go wrong. I don't even let my sister take him. I trust her, but what would she do if there were a loose dog and Brasky got attacked? What if he escaped from her? Sure he's a breeze for me to handle...but I have a LOT of experience with German Shepherds and large breed dogs, I know how to deter them or keep them from going out of control. There's also the fact that he is capable of biting someone. True I don't believe he ever would with his level of socialization and training, but I NEVER put it out of the picture because he is CAPABLE. All dogs are capable of biting and it's not something I would want to deal with...especially if he was with someone else walking at the time.