Can you train a dog to sit in a stroller?

I want to get a pug but I like to do a lot of walking, probably more than the average pug could handle. Also I think I could meet a lot of girls this way.

I want to get a pug but I like to do a lot of walking, probably more than the average pug could handle. Also I think I could meet a lot of girls this way....
    General Dog Discussions : Can you train a dog to sit in a stroller?...

• Can you train a dog to sit in a stroller?

Can you train a dog to sit in a stroller? General Dog Discussions
      I want to get a pug but I like to do a lot of walking, probably more than the average pug could handle. Also I think I could meet a lot of girls this way.

Can you train a dog to sit in a stroller? General Dog Discussions
    • Erm, okay. I'm a girl & if I saw a guy pushing a pug around in a baby stroller then I'd think that rather odd & weird...some girls might think that would be cute, but I know some girls definetley wouldn't. Anyway, you're going to use your dog to get girls? No, I don't think a girl would just go out with you because of your dog, that wouldn't be right. Please don't put a dog in a stroller, that's not natural & a pug can walk perfectly by itself, it has four legs used for WALKING & whenever I see dogs in a stroller I think that is incredibly stupid.

• Sure you can train a dog to sit in a stroller. A few years ago I had an old dog who couldn't walk for longer than about 1.5 hrs. Usually that was enough, but when I planned to go on longer walks, yes, I took along a baby stroller. When the old dog got tired, I'd just pop him in and let him ride the rest of the way in comfort. He also enjoyed all the extra attention he received, since many passers-by stopped to tell him how cute he was.BTW, keep in mind that if you get a pug, you have to be on the alert for heatstroke, which pugs are prone to due to their flat faces. Lots of health issues to, so be sure to have extra money saved up for vet expenses.And I expect you could meet a lot of girls that way. No harm in that. ;)