How long from when you get your dogs vaccinations can you travel overseas?

How many times does it take for a dog to get UPD on all their vaccinations? Can they do this all in one vet visit, and how much on average will it cost. My friend adopted a dog here in Korea and I'm traveling to the US soon. I was wondering if I could…

How many times does it take for a dog to get UPD on all their vaccinations? Can they do this all in one vet visit, and how much on average will it cost. My friend adopted a dog here in Korea and I'm traveling to the US soon. I was wondering if I could…...
    General Dog Discussions : How long from when you get your dogs vaccinations can you travel overseas?...

• How long from when you get your dogs vaccinations can you travel overseas?

How long from when you get your dogs vaccinations can you travel overseas? General Dog Discussions
      How many times does it take for a dog to get UPD on all their vaccinations? Can they do this all in one vet visit, and how much on average will it cost. My friend adopted a dog here in Korea and I'm traveling to the US soon. I was wondering if I could get this dog UPD, and get the certifications for it to travel overseas in all one sitting. :)

How long from when you get your dogs vaccinations can you travel overseas? General Dog Discussions
    • Ideally vaccines should not be given all on the same day but people do it all the time for convenience. Shots take 7-14 days to be effective but airlines usually don't care when you get them. Some countries require rabies shot to be given 6 months before allowing a dog from rabies endemic areas into the country. Embassies can tell you which ones. We have rabies in the US so to get a dog into the US the dog needs to travel with a US citizen, have a health certificate and a translated rabies certificate showing a vaccine at least 30 days old but within a year (unless is a baby puppy or from a country with no rabies). You should also have a parasite test done prior to shipping because some countries have parasites that can harm farm animals and won't be admitted without that. Airlines have rules, too. Cage size is very important as well as temperatures on the ground on the day you fly. Too hot or too cold and your dog's flight is canceled.