What shuld i do for my dog that is in heat? Do they make Dog tampons?

My do is in heat for the 1st time and i wanted to know what to do and if there were dipers or tampons so she won't make a mess.

My do is in heat for the 1st time and i wanted to know what to do and if there were dipers or tampons so she won't make a mess....
    General Dog Discussions : What shuld i do for my dog that is in heat? Do they make Dog tampons?...

• What shuld i do for my dog that is in heat? Do they make Dog tampons?

What shuld i do for my dog that is in heat? Do they make Dog tampons? General Dog Discussions
      My do is in heat for the 1st time and i wanted to know what to do and if there were dipers or tampons so she won't make a mess.

What shuld i do for my dog that is in heat? Do they make Dog tampons? General Dog Discussions
    • They have waterproof 'panties' designed to be used with special pads. You can find them at Petsmart/Petco. Just pick a pair of panties that will fit your dog, and make sure you change the pads out every couple of hours to prevent bacteria buildup, which can result in a nasty rash.

• If you don't want it to have puppies or be in heat you can get it fixed, if you don't care if your dog has puppies or don't care if its in heat you can buy a cleaner which cleans up the spots on the carpet ect.

• No tampons, but they do make pads and pad holders that fit over the tail and buckle. I tried it once, and my dog chewed it off--I couldn't believe any dog would put up with one, but thought I'd give it a try. If you're not going to breed, have her spayed as soon as possible--No reason for either one of you to suffer through the heat cycles.

• You can buy a belt for the dog but I used pads for people over pads for dogs. I would cut them in half. They work much better. Dogs in heat are a pain. You had better watch it for every dog around for a mile will be there in case she gets out of your sight. Been there and done that! I have a male dog now (picture).

• No, I'm pretty sure they don't make dog tampons, but what you can do is go to the petstore and get her diapers. They have disposable ones and cloth ones that you can wash and re-use or put pads inside that you can change. Make sure to measure her waist before you go though because the weight chart on the pack is almost always inaccurate. Just get the diapers according to waist size, rather than weight. Also make sure that you take them off every time she goes outside so she doesn't go potty in them. Good luck.

• You can get dog panties and pads at the pet shop. My experience is that regular human panties (cut a hole in them to make space for the tail) and pads fits better, though, unless you have a small dog.Remember to change the pads often and take off the panties everytime the dog is outside. If she has a dog bed inside the house, I'd put in a towel and let her have some panty free time there.It can also be a good idea to give her chlorophyl tablets (check with your vet or pharmacist) to minimize the heat smell and the interest from male dogs.