My Dog got hives, What should I do?

He's a pug, three years old. I already took him to the vet, they gave shots but, they came back later at night. Is there any hom remedies I can try? I don't want to take him back just to pay another 40 bucks, and have the hives come back again. Please, I…

He's a pug, three years old. I already took him to the vet, they gave shots but, they came back later at night. Is there any hom remedies I can try? I don't want to take him back just to pay another 40 bucks, and have the hives come back again. Please, I…...
    General Dog Discussions : My Dog got hives, What should I do?...

• My Dog got hives, What should I do?

My Dog got hives, What should I do? General Dog Discussions
      He's a pug, three years old. I already took him to the vet, they gave shots but, they came back later at night. Is there any hom remedies I can try? I don't want to take him back just to pay another 40 bucks, and have the hives come back again. Please, I need to know what to do. Also, his paws are swollen and red, and white flaky skin is pealling of his snout. The skin under the flacky skin, is also hard. His penis, and testicales are also swollen.Thanks.

My Dog got hives, What should I do? General Dog Discussions
    • You can give him Benadryl 10mg if he's under 30lbs, 25mg if he'e over 30 lbs. but you really need to figure out what he's reacting to. Sounds like he's miserable. You might call the vet back too, that won't cost anything. Good luck.

• Sounds like a serious allergic reaction to something.Allergic reactions occur when the dog is exposed to an allergen. The allergen can be anything, the food he is eating, where he plays outside, an insect bite could have caused this, grass/pollen, even certain shampoos and flea medications you use.Dog allergies are harder to pin-point than humans because dogs are almost everywhere at once and you just never know what they could have gotten into.Give him a bath in COLD water, than should sooth his skin, it will also rinse off whatever allergen is on his skin, if it was caused by something he can in contact with skin-wise like pollen. Give him some Benadryl. Benadryl is an antihistamine and it stops allergies from progressing and getting worse but it does not cure the hives he already has. Place him in the house, in an area where he cannot get into anything and wait for the hives to resolve.Change his food/diet. Make sure you bath him in oatmeal based shampoo.Monitor where he goes and supervise him outside. Hives and allergies are hard to deal with because if you do not know what is causing the issue, you cannot alleviate or heal it. If this symptoms get worse, I'd take him back to the Vet. When it comes to your dogs health, money shouldn't be an issue.