What can dogs eat, as in human food?

i usually give him fruit but someone told me that those were bad for dogs, is that true?? And if it isn't can some people give me some suggestions... Thank u

What can dogs eat, as in human food?

i usually give him fruit but someone told me that those were bad for dogs, is that true?? And if it isn't can some people give me some suggestions... Thank u...
    General Dog Discussions : What can dogs eat, as in human food?...

• I am not sure. I know you cannot give them chicken bones, turkey necks, or chocolate. My sister's dog loved carrots! I thought fruit was ok.

• i see no problem with fruit. hard, fresh vegetables like carrots & broccoli are good. apples & bannanas are good fruits. for meats, i would only used fully cooked, non-seasoned chicken breast.

• No chocolate and i wouldn't recommend nuts because most dogs are allergic and anything else you want to give them is ok i give my dog fruit but she doesnt eat it i dont think its bad for dogs though

• Some fruits such as grapes and raisins are very harmful or toxic to dogs, but others like bananas are usually okay. As for meats, most coooked meats will be okay, but be sure to NOT give the skin, especially turkey skin and be careful with bones. Poultry bones are an especially big no-no. I have a maltese and she absolutely loves bananas and banana bread. She gets slices of fresh banana sometimes for being good at the vet, groomers, etc. We don't give the banana bread to her all the time, but on special occassions she gets a small piece.

• Firstly, NO FRUIT IS NOT BAD FOR DOGS!!!well, most fruit anyways, onion (green, white and purple) will lower the dog's blood pressure dangerously and could kill it if it is a smaller dog. also chocolate is fine unless it is above 50% pure. smarties make a fine treat for your dog, if you feel so inclined. so basically, fruit=yes, onions and good chocolate=no.and dogs, being connivers in nature, would prefer some raw meat that you could easily buy at the butcher. I buy chicken for my German Shepard every day, and he loves it.good luck, and tell your dog "ruff, ruff, grrr, grrr, okay, good boy" for me =Pin light of other people answering: milk=okay too

• Bread gives my animals terrible diarrhea. Raw eggs, meat, bones (but not poultry bones!)corn meal, rice... these are all good sources of nutrition.I cook huge batches of rice, and keep some on hand for in between dry dog food days. My big roaster oven is often full of drippings from whatever was cooked for supper that night.After the supper is done and over with I heat the oven back up, toss in some leftover rice (or dry dog food!!!) and let it cook for awhile. Soaks the drippings right up and makes for a tasty dog treat... as well as sparing the waste from the oven.

• No chocolate Gives them Heartatacks No cady Candy's not good for them And No cheese for old dogs Hard time to go pody. Butt if you want to give young dogs cheese give them like the size of a pea Ok

• too much sugar can be bad for anybodybut fruits and veggies are okaydogs need protein and vitamins best derived from good dog foodbut my dog likes cheese(not too much)bread and cereal (cheerios)carrots crunchy lettuce or similar for ruffagewatch out because lots of dogs are over-caloried but under-nourished !they have little bodies so watch their weight and diet!noodles and rice is good for them when they have upset stomachsmake sure if you give them meat its safe cooked and not raw or spoiled dogs can get diseases and infections just like humans

• Almost all fruit is fine. (except grapes or raisins)Especially apples with the skin on (adds antioxidants)Vegetables: Squash, turnip, pumpkin, potatoes, celery, zucchini, cucumbers, celery, tomatoes, asparagus, carrot, red and green peppers, green beans, peas, broccoli*Rice*Pasta, plain or with garlic and oil*FRESH cooked meats and fish*Turkey*Lamb*Chicken*Duck*Venison*Fish such as salmon, cod, haddock etc*RAW bones only - preferably very large*Frozen raw chicken necks*Raw or cooked chicken hearts and livers--------------------------People Food THAT IS NOT good for your pet:*Rhubarb*Dairy (cheese, milk, ice cream, etc)*Nuts*Beets*Spinach-These first five can cause bladder/kidney stones.*Onions*Chocolate-These latter two can kill your petToxic FoodsChocolatestaggering, laboured breathing, vomiting, diarhea, abdominal pain, tremours, fever, heart rate increase, arrythmia, seizures, coma, deathCoffee / Cocoastaggering, laboured breathing, vomiting, diarhea, abdominal pain, tremours, fever, heart rate increase, arrythmia, seizures, coma, deathOnionsHemolytic Anemia, laboured breathing, liver damage, vomiting, diarhea, discoloured urineMushroomsabdominal pain, drooling, liver damage, kidney damage, vomiting diarhea, convulsions, coma, deathGrapes / Raisinsvomiting, diarhea, abdominal pain, lethargy*If you give your dog human food, try adding supplements to it as some of the food might not have sufficient supplements for your dogs. You should consult your Vet or a local health pet store ...not PetSmart...a good health pet store- they're very knowlegdeable in these issues.*Raw bones are very good in removing tartar in their teeth. Brushing won't do as sometimes the tartar are nasty and hidden in the very back molars. With raw bone, they can gnaw at it and eventually remove the tartar on its own. But you should always supervise when giving raw bones...Try at first for short time interval like 30-40 min. until your dog is used to it. Again, ask your Vet or a health pet store if you need more info.

• My dog eats everything that we eat and she is healthy , She likes watermelons , grapes , She likes chilly loves pizza I don't know why I told my Vet about her eating habits and he said if it never mead he sick then she is fine and she can eat all that stuff . But I do give her ,her dog food too once a day she eats Pedigree dog food in a can . and has dry food sitting out all day long for her to eat . She is not fat or anything. So as they say if it's not broke don;t try to fix it . If you dog eats that stuff and doesn't get sick I don;t see a problem in giving the dog once in a while some Human food..