Does stem cell treatment works with dog arthritis and ostheophytes?

My dog has degenerative problem in his vertebrates. He walks clumsy and he is an 10 1/2 year old Akita. My veterinary suggested giving him stem cell pills, 2 per day. He tells me he does not have experience with that treatment, but has heard marvelous…

My dog has degenerative problem in his vertebrates. He walks clumsy and he is an 10 1/2 year old Akita. My veterinary suggested giving him stem cell pills, 2 per day. He tells me he does not have experience with that treatment, but has heard marvelous…...
    General Dog Discussions : Does stem cell treatment works with dog arthritis and ostheophytes?...

• Does stem cell treatment works with dog arthritis and ostheophytes?

Does stem cell treatment works with dog arthritis and ostheophytes? General Dog Discussions
      My dog has degenerative problem in his vertebrates. He walks clumsy and he is an 10 1/2 year old Akita. My veterinary suggested giving him stem cell pills, 2 per day. He tells me he does not have experience with that treatment, but has heard marvelous things about it. In my country he is the best vet there is. What do you think I should do?

Does stem cell treatment works with dog arthritis and ostheophytes? General Dog Discussions
    • I have never heard of stem cell 'pills', but using a dog's own stem cells for arthritis has been going on for several years now with much success. I have even heard that lately they are using stem cells to heal torn cruciates in dogs. For stem cell therapy, they extract fat from your dog's abdomen - send it off to a lab, they harvest the stem cells and send it back to your Vet. Your Vet injects the dog's stem cells into the problem area. Your Vet can also keep your dog's stem cells on hand for future use, after the treatment for the ailment. My own Vet does stem cell therapy, though I haven't had the need. If you can find a Vet that can do actual stem cell therapy - it is something I would try, certainly. http://www.tampabay.com/news/health/medicine/stem-cell-treatment-may-help-dogs-with-arthritis/1204605