How does a vet go about giving an adult dog vaccinations?

I haven't had my adult dog for very long but I'm nearly certain he hasn't had his vaccinations from previous owner. I'm curious how the vaccination process works for older dogs whose status the vets are unsure of (as in vaccinated or not).

I haven't had my adult dog for very long but I'm nearly certain he hasn't had his vaccinations from previous owner. I'm curious how the vaccination process works for older dogs whose status the vets are unsure of (as in vaccinated or not)....
    General Dog Discussions : How does a vet go about giving an adult dog vaccinations?...

• How does a vet go about giving an adult dog vaccinations?

How does a vet go about giving an adult dog vaccinations? General Dog Discussions
      I haven't had my adult dog for very long but I'm nearly certain he hasn't had his vaccinations from previous owner. I'm curious how the vaccination process works for older dogs whose status the vets are unsure of (as in vaccinated or not).

How does a vet go about giving an adult dog vaccinations? General Dog Discussions
    • Unless you can produce a vaccination history (can you find out who was the previous vet - they may have records on file for this dog which can be transferred over to your own vet) your vet will simply give vaccinations in the same way he'd vaccinate a puppy. Full course.Alternatively you could ask him to check the titres to find out what he needs! That's likely to cost more than a routine set of vaccination however, much as I hate over-vaccinating, when not needed.

• Some liquid. some tablets and a shot that generally causes no pain. They pull the fat from the back of the neck and inject. None of our dogs ever reacted to it.