What commands does a Dog need to know to do freestyle?

And how do you teach a Dog to do them with out getting the Dog bored?I have a 1 year old Pomeranian who has allot of energy and loves to run and jump, I tried Agility with him when he was around 7 months old but he got bored with it and wouldn`t do any…

And how do you teach a Dog to do them with out getting the Dog bored?I have a 1 year old Pomeranian who has allot of energy and loves to run and jump, I tried Agility with him when he was around 7 months old but he got bored with it and wouldn`t do any…...
    General Dog Discussions : What commands does a Dog need to know to do freestyle?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What commands does a Dog need to know to do freestyle?

What commands does a Dog need to know to do freestyle? General Dog Discussions
      And how do you teach a Dog to do them with out getting the Dog bored?I have a 1 year old Pomeranian who has allot of energy and loves to run and jump, I tried Agility with him when he was around 7 months old but he got bored with it and wouldn`t do any thing, he`d just lay down. Then he got Luxating Patella and could no longer do it any ways. Since then his knee has gotten ``better`` and it rarely slips out of place. I want to do Agility again but my mom is going to loose her job and says it`s too expensive and doesn`t know what kind of job she`ll get after the one she is in now. So I want to do some thing that I can do at home with out having to use allot of equipment.

What commands does a Dog need to know to do freestyle? General Dog Discussions
    • Most freestyle commands are not vocal but are signals. To keep the dog from being bored train in several small sessions daily. Make the training upbeat and exciting. Training with a clicker helps quite a lot in this sport because every move can be marked and rewarded. There are several youtube videos that demonstrate some of the training techniques.