Is there anything to be done with a dog that suffered a brain hemorrhage? (More Inside)?

My friends dog suffered a brain hemorrhage I think, or something similar. She took it to the vets last week for tests after it randomly attacked her cousin completely unprovoked for no reason. It showed up with a brain hemorrhage I think (not entirely…

Is there anything to be done with a dog that suffered a brain hemorrhage? (More Inside)?

My friends dog suffered a brain hemorrhage I think, or something similar. She took it to the vets last week for tests after it randomly attacked her cousin completely unprovoked for no reason. It showed up with a brain hemorrhage I think (not entirely…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is there anything to be done with a dog that suffered a brain hemorrhage? (More Inside)?...

• Is there anything to be done with a dog that suffered a brain hemorrhage? (More Inside)?

Is there anything to be done with a dog that suffered a brain hemorrhage? (More Inside)? General Dog Discussions
      My friends dog suffered a brain hemorrhage I think, or something similar. She took it to the vets last week for tests after it randomly attacked her cousin completely unprovoked for no reason. It showed up with a brain hemorrhage I think (not entirely sure, she was blubbering as she tried to explain). The vet didn't really know much, so I'm wondering if there's anyone who know what chances there are for the dog? He was a rescue (5years old, just a mix with anything and everything in him) and he was and is most of the time, still, an amazing dog. He passed his CGC, and was a qualified pat dog and had never shown aggression before he snapped. It has happened once more since then, when he lunged at my friends mum when she went to go out to see him.Its very hard on them, as there's always someone with him, he usually gets around 5 hours exercise a day and used to sleep on the foot of the bed. They are being forced to keep him outside and muzzled or tied up because he is untrustworthy in this state, and they want to know if there is anything that can be done, no matter the costs or the chance it will work, that could reverse this so that he becomes the dog he was again? Thanks for taking the time to read this, any suggestions would be great, even if you don't know much a lead is great for us to look into.Thanks.

Is there anything to be done with a dog that suffered a brain hemorrhage? (More Inside)? General Dog Discussions
    • Only a CT or an MRI can show a brain hemorrhage. Most vets can't actually do these test. Google and see if there are any veterinary neurologists in your area. That is your best bet for getting this dog help. Expect bills of upward of $1000.

• This touches my heart and brings me to tears.I had to put one of my cats down 6months ago due to brain cancer and hemorrhage. She was acting very weird started twitching and hissing and being aggressive. Which she never was before. She was up to date on shots and had regular visits to the vet. We took her into the vet after hours and found out she was actually having siezures. They did xrays on her and seen she had brain cancer. They did Brain biopsies on her and it was terminal. We had to put her down. I was very very sad.I hope that you dont have to go through that.

• To me it sounds like it is outside of the dog's control. Like teaching a dog that has a broken spine not to pee in the house...You can't teach them because they no longer have control of it. Sounds harsh but I would think that the best thing would be to end the dog's suffering. If it is a brain injury or synapse error causing the aggression you can't really fix it, unless they perform dog brain surgery these days. it doesn't sound like the dog has control over it. And if it continues to happen then it would seem to me that the dog is probably in some pain as well as randomly lashing out at people.

• The dog had a stroke resulting from a brain heammhorage (not a growing tumor)? There may be some linited recovery over the first couple of weeks but with behavioural changes it's going to be like walking on thin ice. Treatment in the first day or two should aim at getting any swelling down (and in humans they might seek to remove any acessible blood clots.)Sometimes the kindest thing to do is have the dog PTS; he will probably know that the humans have changed their loving attitude towards him too. Vets will not suggest euthanasia as an option unless it has become pertinent.