What can I clean my carpets with if I'm worried my dog has worms?

He is on treatment right now, and I'm not even sure if he has them since the vet didn't take a fecal sample. He originally went in for a broken leg. So, what should I clean my carpet with since he has had a couple accidents from diarreha? I have heard…

He is on treatment right now, and I'm not even sure if he has them since the vet didn't take a fecal sample. He originally went in for a broken leg. So, what should I clean my carpet with since he has had a couple accidents from diarreha? I have heard…...
    General Dog Discussions : What can I clean my carpets with if I'm worried my dog has worms?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What can I clean my carpets with if I'm worried my dog has worms?

What can I clean my carpets with if I'm worried my dog has worms? General Dog Discussions
      He is on treatment right now, and I'm not even sure if he has them since the vet didn't take a fecal sample. He originally went in for a broken leg. So, what should I clean my carpet with since he has had a couple accidents from diarreha? I have heard bleach, but we are living in an apartment and have brown carpets. Plus we have a seven month old daughter and I don't want to expose her to the fumes.

What can I clean my carpets with if I'm worried my dog has worms? General Dog Discussions
    • I have read that the only things that will kill worm eggs/larvae are steam or boiling water (or ultra violet light from the sun, but this takes time). We have a puppy and if he poos on the floor I pick it up and pour boiling water from the kettle on the area. He has been wormed but it's best to be on the safe side isn't it. When he is completely house trained I'm considering getting the carpets steam cleaned, if there is such a thing. Also, apparently minus freezing temperatures for more than three days can kill the larvae. Obviously you can't freeze your flat but it's nice to know that after a cold snap the ground outside may be less infectious.