How can you help make a kitten sleep at night while you are sleeping?

We have a kitten that keeps us up all night while we try to sleep. The kitten attacks anything that moves, and when she does want to sleep, she trys to sleep on our heads. We've tried locking her in the bathroom at night with a bed and toys, but she…

We have a kitten that keeps us up all night while we try to sleep. The kitten attacks anything that moves, and when she does want to sleep, she trys to sleep on our heads. We've tried locking her in the bathroom at night with a bed and toys, but she…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can you help make a kitten sleep at night while you are sleeping?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How can you help make a kitten sleep at night while you are sleeping?

How can you help make a kitten sleep at night while you are sleeping? Other Pet Discussions
      We have a kitten that keeps us up all night while we try to sleep. The kitten attacks anything that moves, and when she does want to sleep, she trys to sleep on our heads. We've tried locking her in the bathroom at night with a bed and toys, but she goes crazy and meows until we let her out.

How can you help make a kitten sleep at night while you are sleeping? Other Pet Discussions
    • haha ijust went through this exact same thing... my kitten is now about a year old, but i n the beginning it was hell! you gotta teach it who is boss though. she may meow for an hour straight, but what we do is lock him out of our bedroom at night... now that he is getting older, once in a while we let him sleep with us, if he is bad, he gets thrown out. so, he is slowly learning what is acceptable at night when we are sleeping. lock your cat out of your room. she will bug you terribly, but learn eventually.

• i had a cat like that and i still have her. try s little baby bottle of warm milk, or take her in to bed with you and snuggle with her for a while. and if that doesn't work go to the vet or it might be a stage that they go through at its young age.

• Their is really no way to make a kitten sleep at night. Cat's by nature are nocturnal animals. One thing you can try is kenneling your cat. If you do this place a t-shirt (or something with your scent on it ) in the kennel with the cat. Its kinda like a security blanket for your cat, it's not a fix but it might work......it did for me!

• Here's what I did with our two kittens. First I allowed some playtime (about 20 minutes), then they settled down for a while after a bit of footbiting, playing under the covers, etc. Usually they rest for a while after that. If they get too rowdy then I gently put them out of the bedroom for the rest of the night. Pretty soon they understood that their behavior determines whether they stay or go. The worst time is 4:30-5:30 AM when they naturally rise with the waking birds outside. I almost always push them gently out the door then, as I really don't need to get up before 6:30 or 7 AM. I am pretty strict about it now, as I need my sleep too. They need to wake you up. If you can keep her off your heads, unless you want her to always sleep there in the future.

• put a wind up clock next to it. It will think it's the mothers heart beat my mom did that and it worked but you also got to remember every cat is different each one has a different personality. good luck! hope it helps

• Cats are creatures of the night, so get used to it. Stimpy plays at night, BUT she does'nt wake me up any more. Unless theres a thunderstorm; she loves those.

• hahaha cats live when night falls. You can't do much about it. Cats have the instinct to attack things/animals when they are the less noticeable... blocking her somewhere is not the most wise thing to do : cats are free animals, if you ever try to lock them somewhere, problems will occur such as as you said meowing, scratching on the door etc...