Is it okay to leave a 4month old Labrador alone over night?

I really want to go out tonight but I don't want to neglect my puppy either. He's 4months old sleeps in a crate at night with no bother from 9-7. I would be heading out about 10 o'clock and will be back by 3am at the least. Would my puppy be okay? If he…

I really want to go out tonight but I don't want to neglect my puppy either. He's 4months old sleeps in a crate at night with no bother from 9-7. I would be heading out about 10 o'clock and will be back by 3am at the least. Would my puppy be okay? If he…...
    Other Pet Discussions : Is it okay to leave a 4month old Labrador alone over night?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it okay to leave a 4month old Labrador alone over night?

Is it okay to leave a 4month old Labrador alone over night? Other Pet Discussions
      I really want to go out tonight but I don't want to neglect my puppy either. He's 4months old sleeps in a crate at night with no bother from 9-7. I would be heading out about 10 o'clock and will be back by 3am at the least. Would my puppy be okay? If he wouldn't then I'd never leave him alone of course.

Is it okay to leave a 4month old Labrador alone over night? Other Pet Discussions
    • If it's 10 p.m and you are back by 3 a.m., and you are using a crate, then I would say yes, it's okay. But I wouldn't stay out longer than that, or during the day, or not use a crate.

• He should be fine since its the night and he'll be sleeping through most of it anyways, and its not an extremely long time. It'll be good for him to be without you for a while, so he doesn't develop separation anxiety.

• Yes, it will be fine. Just make sure that he has some food and water before you leave. It sounds like he's use to sleeping during those hours anyway. Go and have fun. Your puppy will be fine.