What is the cheapest type of parrot to buy?

I want a Cockatoo but its way to much money. Is there a bird under $400 that does as much as a Cockatoo such as Talking, Whistling, Singing, etc. I already know that parrots are loud and "dirty" birds. And does Petco or Petsmart sell any type of parrotIm…

I want a Cockatoo but its way to much money. Is there a bird under $400 that does as much as a Cockatoo such as Talking, Whistling, Singing, etc. I already know that parrots are loud and "dirty" birds. And does Petco or Petsmart sell any type of parrotIm…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What is the cheapest type of parrot to buy?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the cheapest type of parrot to buy?

What is the cheapest type of parrot to buy? Other Pet Discussions
      I want a Cockatoo but its way to much money. Is there a bird under $400 that does as much as a Cockatoo such as Talking, Whistling, Singing, etc. I already know that parrots are loud and "dirty" birds. And does Petco or Petsmart sell any type of parrotIm 14 and still in highschool so I wont be home 8 hours of the day, how much time should I spend with it?Im really social with animals so, one that has the ability to speak, likes being touched, likes small children.

What is the cheapest type of parrot to buy? Other Pet Discussions
    • Petsmart sells several types of conures, but the only ones in your price range are green cheeked conures. It should be noted that conures have higher voices than cockatoos and use different whistles, so it might be disappointing for you. Petco's parrot stock usually varies by store; I have seen macaws and cockatoos and African Greys.You should check shelters in your area. They may have a large parrot that needs a good home, or can put you in touch with someone who does, and they will most likely charge you under $400. You might like Quaker parrots. They're talkative (with high voices, but I think they sound nicer than conures) and they have interesting personalities. They're also inexpensive, $100-400.

• Hi-You're much better googling a local breeder most pet shops don't sell true hand reared birds- There are many parrots to choose from but you should look at things to find one that best suits you (cage size, breed of bird-diet/needs, etc) -MANY breeds of birds can talk/whistle- depending on the amount of time you are going to spend teaching it- cockatoos are not dirty, you will find you will be cleaning no matter what bird you buy I would suggest a Ring Neck- they need fresh fruit/nuts and seeds daily http://www.indianringneck.com/pet/