How can I stop a pigeon from hanging out or nesting on one of my eaves?

I seem to be the only roof on my block that this pigeon likes to hang out at. While I am flattered to be chosen ...He poops on my front step and I am concerned that he/she is nesting and may start a little family here. According to my lease, I can…

I seem to be the only roof on my block that this pigeon likes to hang out at. While I am flattered to be chosen ...He poops on my front step and I am concerned that he/she is nesting and may start a little family here. According to my lease, I can…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I stop a pigeon from hanging out or nesting on one of my eaves?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How can I stop a pigeon from hanging out or nesting on one of my eaves?

How can I stop a pigeon from hanging out or nesting on one of my eaves? Other Pet Discussions
      I seem to be the only roof on my block that this pigeon likes to hang out at. While I am flattered to be chosen ...He poops on my front step and I am concerned that he/she is nesting and may start a little family here. According to my lease, I can only have a family of four and two dogs. We have already reached capacity and need to know how to kindly evict the pigeon.

How can I stop a pigeon from hanging out or nesting on one of my eaves? Other Pet Discussions
    • Birds can be stopped from landing, roosting or nesting by placing something with points in that location. Nails protruding through a board and the board glued to the surface would work. It will not hurt them since they won't put any weight down.

• kill it humanely? just kidding, but it probably wouldnt be a bad idea. If you live in the US, you probably have feral pigeon. they were brought from Europe during colonial days, and have spread across the entire United States. They eat lots of food, therefore taking it away from native species.

• Try getting some tin pie pans and hanging them from the roof gutters. The wind will cause them to move and bang around. The pigeons do not like the movement next to where they want to nest, so they will move on.While I haven't tried it, some recommend placing fake snakes near the nest.