how can I get rid of fleas in my yard and in my house without getting rid of my dog?

I have tried everything.

how can I get rid of fleas in my yard and in my house without getting rid of my dog?

I have tried everything....
    Other Pet Discussions : how can I get rid of fleas in my yard and in my house without getting rid of my dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• how can I get rid of fleas in my yard and in my house without getting rid of my dog?

how can I get rid of fleas in my yard and in my house without getting rid of my dog? Other Pet Discussions
      I have tried everything.

how can I get rid of fleas in my yard and in my house without getting rid of my dog? Other Pet Discussions
    • I don't know about the yard, but to get rid of the fleas on your dog, use the original Blue Dawn Dish Soap! I have animals, and that is what we use on all of them. It kills the fleas almost immediately. Get a flea comb, and comb through the dogs fur while the soap is on, then rinse, and comb again. Don't get the soap in the eyes or the ears, it is irritating to them. Good Luck!!!

• Use the kind of flea treatment on your dog and yard that also kills eggs and fleas.Go here for interesting info on dog pests and how to treat: http://animalpetdoctor.homestead.com/Fleas.html

• Here are some home remedies that may be of help, especially if you prefer to avoid chemicals.Feline Flea ProofingAdd to the food for each adult cat:1/2 level teaspoon brewer's yeast1/4 level teaspoon garlic powderFlea DestroyerSet up a plate of sudsy water with a light hovering over it. The fleas are attracted to this and drown themselves.Flea Repellent (for cats)1/8 teaspoon tamari soy sauce1 crushed whole clove1/8 teaspoon water1 fresh garlic cloveMarinate the garlic in the liquid for about 10 minutes and then remove it.Add 1/16 teaspoon soy liquid to each 1/2 cup cat food. Use this repellent immediately.Flea Repellent PillowsThese pillows are for dogs.Source: Glen Brook Farms Herbs and Such2 parts pennyroyal1 part thyme1 part wormwoodHerbs may be cut or whole; construct a pillow for your pet to sleep on and then stuff it with the pennyroyal, thyme, wormwood. This makes a nice gift for those favorite dogs in your life. These herbs help to repel fleas naturally and without harsh chemicals.Flea Repellent Sleep PillowsFor cats2 parts sage or rosemary1 part catnip1 part chamomileFor dogs2 parts pennyroyal1 part thyme1 part wormwoodHerbs may be used cut or whole. Mix enough to stuff a 2-foot square pillow for a cat or a 3-foot square (or larger) pillow for a dog. Sew the pillowcase out of a tough, washable fabric such as denim.Herbal Flea PowderUse herbs in powdered form only.2 ounces pennyroyal (use sage or rosemary for cats)1 ounce rosemary1 ounce wormwood1 teaspoon cayenne pepperMix and store in a covered container. Use as often as any flea powder and rub into skin.DO NOT LET POWDER GET INTO PET'S EYES.Herbal Flea Powder1 part eucalyptus powder1 part pennyroyal powder (use sage or rosemary for cats)1 part fennel powder1 part yellow dock powderCombine all ingredients in a shaker top jar and shake to mix.Apply to your pet's fur by brushing backward with your hand or comb and sprinkling the powder into the roots of the hairs. Concentrate on the neck, back, and belly. Use just enough to add a little odor to the hairs.For severe flea infestations, treat daily; otherwise, use two or three times a week.http://www.recipegoldmine.com/pets/pets.html

• I love pets and have cats and dogs. I have tried many different products. These three you can get online or at your vet the last one you can find in stores.The ones I know to work are:CAPSTAR, Not CAPSTAR. CAPSTAR Tablets leave no pesticide residue in your home or on your pet. Advantage flea controlFrontline Plus flea & tick controlAnd if you want to buy over the counter product the only one I know to work is all Zodiac products. You can find Zodiac products at krogers and petmart.

• your vet can give you capstar which is a pill to kill every flea on your dog within 24 hours then spray down your house and call the exterminator after all this line your fence line with clorox bleach that prevents them from coming back garlic is what allot of ppl tell you , does not work