Would you use the petsmart pet hotel if you have a dog? Is it clean and safe?

I've heard a story of a dog attack another making it blind and another story of a dog eating its bed and needing surgery.Has anyone ever used the petsmart hotel? Where would be the best safest cleanest place for my dog if im going on vacation for a week?

I've heard a story of a dog attack another making it blind and another story of a dog eating its bed and needing surgery.Has anyone ever used the petsmart hotel? Where would be the best safest cleanest place for my dog if im going on vacation for a week?...
    General Dog Discussions : Would you use the petsmart pet hotel if you have a dog? Is it clean and safe?...

• Would you use the petsmart pet hotel if you have a dog? Is it clean and safe?

Would you use the petsmart pet hotel if you have a dog? Is it clean and safe? General Dog Discussions
      I've heard a story of a dog attack another making it blind and another story of a dog eating its bed and needing surgery.Has anyone ever used the petsmart hotel? Where would be the best safest cleanest place for my dog if im going on vacation for a week?

Would you use the petsmart pet hotel if you have a dog? Is it clean and safe? General Dog Discussions
    • I always leave my pets with family members, who watch them at their house. If you have no family or friends who are able/willing to do this, I suggest finding a small local dog boarder. It's easy to find ones in your area online, as well as read the reviews. There is one local place in my area that also runs a doggy daycare, but boards dogs as well, that has absolutely outstanding reviews and a great facility with outdoor runs and daily walks and lots of attention. I would try to find a similar place in your area. Good luck!

• It really depends on the petsmart.The one near my current house is horrible I wouldn't take my dog there for grooming let alone leave him there for any length of time alone. But the one near me last house was pretty good. Clean friendly, caring.Some vets will board your dog for a week, try calling up yours. If they don't, make sure you look up reviews for wherever you choose. Good luck!

• I would never use a chain-store anything....not their hotel, not their training thingy, and certainly not their chain-store Vet.Oh ya, I forgot about the grooming. (Never)

• i would not use petsmart for anything ... i would not trust my dog at their "hotel" ... i would leave with a friend/family member/pet sitter in my home ... i think you should hire a pet sitter ... way less stress for the dog to be left in his/her own home ... sometimes you can call your vet for recommendations and two vets i have used, two of the techs "moonlighted" as pet sitters ... cheaper than a kennel, safer, and least stress for the dog ...

• I would probably steer clear of them and opt for a more family-owned style operation.I have used a few kennels that were very good (if you happen to be near Warren or Essex County, NJ or near Harrisburg, PA e-mail me privately & I will give you names & info).When my previous dog was pretty old and didn't do too much, I felt the stress of a kennel wouldn't be good for her so I hired a dog walker who would come in 3 times a day to feed and walk her -- at her age it was plenty, but when she was younger she needed the playtime at a kennel.

• Ignorance is the enemy of facts.Facts:Vet boarding does NOT have anyone there at night, so if something happens to your dog during the night, no one will be there to save it.All boarding facilities have had accidents. Show me ONE place that has never had a dog get sick, or injured, or even loose.I recommend you go to your local PetSmart Pet Hotel and ask for their tour. They will tell you all about the facility and you can make your own decision, instead of taking the advice of "chain store" haters.