How to help my rat(mobility issues)?

I have a hairless rat, probably about 1 1/2 years old that within the past couple days has lost use of his back legs and developed red crustiness around his eye. I read in my rat book that it could be degenerative myelopathy, but as I cannot afford to…

I have a hairless rat, probably about 1 1/2 years old that within the past couple days has lost use of his back legs and developed red crustiness around his eye. I read in my rat book that it could be degenerative myelopathy, but as I cannot afford to…...
    General Dog Discussions : How to help my rat(mobility issues)?...

• How to help my rat(mobility issues)?

How to help my rat(mobility issues)? General Dog Discussions
      I have a hairless rat, probably about 1 1/2 years old that within the past couple days has lost use of his back legs and developed red crustiness around his eye. I read in my rat book that it could be degenerative myelopathy, but as I cannot afford to take him to a vet there is no way of knowing for sure. He still wants to eat and drink, and I've been giving him water/food since he cannot get to it himself, but I feel as though I'm struggling to get him hydrated. I've seen dogs who are paralized that have little carts attached to them so they can walk and was hoping that maybe someone here had any ideas as to something I can give him to help him get around. Thank you.

How to help my rat(mobility issues)? General Dog Discussions