My dog had pups n they all died I need to dry her up before she gets milk fever any suggestions? Help?

My dog had pups n they all died I need to dry her up before she gets milk fever any suggestions? Help?

My dog had pups n they all died I need to dry her up before she gets milk fever any suggestions? Help?...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog had pups n they all died I need to dry her up before she gets milk fever any suggestions? Help?...

• My dog had pups n they all died I need to dry her up before she gets milk fever any suggestions? Help?

My dog had pups n they all died I need to dry her up before she gets milk fever any suggestions? Help? General Dog Discussions

My dog had pups n they all died I need to dry her up before she gets milk fever any suggestions? Help? General Dog Discussions
    • I think you need to get her to your vet. There is medicine available to help scatter her milk although reducing her food, especially protein, will help. Epsom Salts in her water should help too. And under the circumstances, with your vet's advice, the sooner you get her spayed now, the better.

• What caused the death of the pups? A postmortem to establish a cause of death on at least on of them would be helpful in establishing if your b!thc is in danger of the same infection or illness. A vet trip is in order for her as well for a postpartum check up, and the vet can proscribe medication that will stop her milk production.Note: "milk fever" is a condition just before or after birth where the dam has depleted her calcium supplies and suffers from a fever and muscular abnormalities (classic: a large "bow" in the neck muscles hard enough to feel like bone). The condition you should be concerned about - infection of the nipples due to retained milk - is called mastitis.