What are some exercises to help strength my Old English Sheepdogs hind legs?

She has had surgery to remove a calcium buildup on her vertebra. She walks when she gets up, but she can't get up on her own. She had the operation 4 weeks ago. We have no way of giving her water therapy. Any exercises to give her while she is lay ing…

She has had surgery to remove a calcium buildup on her vertebra. She walks when she gets up, but she can't get up on her own. She had the operation 4 weeks ago. We have no way of giving her water therapy. Any exercises to give her while she is lay ing…...
    General Dog Discussions : What are some exercises to help strength my Old English Sheepdogs hind legs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are some exercises to help strength my Old English Sheepdogs hind legs?

What are some exercises to help strength my Old English Sheepdogs hind legs? General Dog Discussions
      She has had surgery to remove a calcium buildup on her vertebra. She walks when she gets up, but she can't get up on her own. She had the operation 4 weeks ago. We have no way of giving her water therapy. Any exercises to give her while she is lay ing on her side? She is 13 years old.

What are some exercises to help strength my Old English Sheepdogs hind legs? General Dog Discussions
    • I've got 2 dogs with calcium build-ups, one on his neck, and one on her vertebra and neck. Both dogs have been helped by the use of acupuncture and chiropractic treatments. If you can find a vet anywhere near you qualified to do both or either, get your girl to him to see if they can help her. At her age, perhaps she also has arthritis and needs meds to help with that. Why not try massaging her yourself - it can't hurt and might help. Best of luck to her!