Is NOT having MONEY and excuse to not go to the VET?

i see that a lot of people on here say they dont want to take their dog to the vet because "i dont have a lot of money." i think thats the worst excuse ever! Do you think it shouldn't be about money but rather if the situation is serious enough?

i see that a lot of people on here say they dont want to take their dog to the vet because "i dont have a lot of money." i think thats the worst excuse ever! Do you think it shouldn't be about money but rather if the situation is serious enough?...
    General Dog Discussions : Is NOT having MONEY and excuse to not go to the VET?...

• Is NOT having MONEY and excuse to not go to the VET?

Is NOT having MONEY and excuse to not go to the VET? General Dog Discussions
      i see that a lot of people on here say they dont want to take their dog to the vet because "i dont have a lot of money." i think thats the worst excuse ever! Do you think it shouldn't be about money but rather if the situation is serious enough?

Is NOT having MONEY and excuse to not go to the VET? General Dog Discussions
    • If you have money to go to McDonald's or even pay for cable TV you have the money to see a vet.. I find it irresponsible and a cop out .... for being a proper owner.EDIT - Anyways most vets will take pmts on big ticket items...

• The real question is this.... Is this an issue that was thought about BEFORE the purchase of a dog was made.For me, money doesn't matter. My dogs are important enough to me that I make sure they have the best quality of life. *shrug*

• well, a lot of people don't go to the hospital because they don't have the money, why not? now a few cool companies will allow you to get pet insurance, but many don't, and if it's a choice between a 700 dollar vet bill and feeding yourself and/or your children the vet will have to wait.

• it's a horrible reason...if someone doesn't have the money to take care of the dog, they probably shouldn't have one...they can always work out some kind of payment plan or use a credit card or cut back on other things....it's really just a lame excuse, and so sad that the animal has to suffer because of it.

• In my personal opinion (and i know others will agree with me): Pets are LUXURY items, not NECESSITIES. If one cannot afford to have said luxury, they should not have a pet. So, if one doesn't have enough money to obtain proper veterinary care for your sick pet, then that person shouldn't have one.

• Here's my opinion.Most people do have the money, or have the means to get the money.. they just prefer not to spend it on the dog. They have other things in mind, like cigarettes, beer, dining out, the latest video game system, a vacation etc.I agree with Ulva Child.. why should the governement pay for us to have pets? Pets are a luxury item.. if you cant afford their care, you cant have them. Anything the goverment pays out already comes from our taxes anyways.. I certainly dont want to pay more taxes so someone can have free vet care while they enjoy other luxuries. I have given up a few things I'd like to have so my pets can be taken care of.

• Yet they have broadband? No, that is not acceptable, you can't deny vet care because you do not have money. Sell your computer, cancel your broadband and Sky and find a vet who will have a payment plan.ADD-ICharleey- and where do you think the government will get the money to pay for everyone’s vet bills?Our taxes!!

• It's a horrible excuse, if you don't have the money you go and set up a plan to pay off the visit all vet offices have this option and if your afraid to talk about being tight on money then ask the vet to talk privitly and ask the vet to keep it to there selfs,

• I agree! Bad excuse! It's sooo bad if you can't take care of your pet. If that's the case than I agree that you should sell it to someone who can take care of him or her.

• i keep my vet on a "retainer". just in case of an emergency and i don't have ready cash, i give my vet 50.00 every week.but i've NEVER had a vet that, once they know you're a responsible pet parent and you keep your pet(s) UTD and take good care of them, won't make payment arrangements.

• If you have an animal and cannot afford vet bills then look out for a PDSA clinic and there will be either a no charge, a nominal charge or a contribution charge. PDSA Is the Peoples Dispensary for Sick Animals.

• Well at the risk of sounding stupid, sometimes I paid my vet with peanutbutter cookies!!!!!! Sometimes I would bake things for her and she would give me a break on my vet bill. Sometimes she would do things just for the baked goods. My husband is a contractor, so we just traded chores. I have a hair dressor who cuts my hair half price if I print things on my computer for her. I got medical shots for some stickers and some cookies. I think you just have to ask people if you can trade with them. I got a break on the cost of fencing for feeding and providing sodas and gatorade to the workers. I think if you can't afford your vet bill, you have to ask the vet if there is something you can do for them. You might be surprised.