My Dog Is Walking Strangely. He Twists His Back And The Back Legs Seem To Walk Sideways?

What can it be?I did take him to the vet, the vet moved around his legs and said nothing was wrong. He is a six month old terrier mix puppy. And this is new behavior.

My Dog Is Walking Strangely. He Twists His Back And The Back Legs Seem To Walk Sideways?

What can it be?I did take him to the vet, the vet moved around his legs and said nothing was wrong. He is a six month old terrier mix puppy. And this is new behavior....
    General Dog Discussions : My Dog Is Walking Strangely. He Twists His Back And The Back Legs Seem To Walk Sideways?...

• My Dog Is Walking Strangely. He Twists His Back And The Back Legs Seem To Walk Sideways?

My Dog Is Walking Strangely. He Twists His Back And The Back Legs Seem To Walk Sideways? General Dog Discussions
      What can it be?I did take him to the vet, the vet moved around his legs and said nothing was wrong. He is a six month old terrier mix puppy. And this is new behavior.

My Dog Is Walking Strangely. He Twists His Back And The Back Legs Seem To Walk Sideways? General Dog Discussions
    • You need to be more specific. How old is your dog and how long has this been going on? Has he always walked like that or is this a new behavior?I read your addition....Even at 6 months your dog is still a puppy and may not be fully coordinated yet. My dog sometimes appears to be walking sideways. It's not a problem, it's just a silly thing that some dogs do. As long as his head is straight to rule out any equilibrium problems, it is fine. If your dogs head is tilted sideways, there could be an equilibrium problem which would make your dog feel unbalanced. But it the vet thinks all is well. Just enjoy the memories of this because he'll probably grow out of it.

• Need more info to be able to give you any sort of decent answer on this issue.How old is the dog.?What breed is he?Is this sudden thing or has it progressed gradually?Add> If this continues I would get a second opinion from another vet. Sounds like it could possibly be a trapped muscle in his back. Or a sprain etc.I`m no vet though and only a vet can really help with this.

• Well I'll try a guess or two:It could be his neck or his back.It could be his hips or his knees.Your vet can tell pretty easily. He will manipulate your dog's neck all around, will press all down the back for pain, and rotate the hips in all positions. For the knees, he'll check to see if the kneecaps are moving out of their grooves. Xrays will show for sure, once he's thinking he knows what it is.If your dog isn't vomiting, having diarrhea, isn't lethargic nor acting sick in any way, then it kind of sounds like something with the bones or joints to me.

• Does he do this the entire time he walks, or does he do this movement every so often, like he is wiggling his body because he is being playful?If he really is walking funny, this is NOT normal and you need to get a second opinion. If he is twisting his back, then the vet should have been checking his back for problems, not his legs.