Putting dog to sleep: Would it have hurt while the vet couldn't find the vain?

I had to put a dog down the other day. Would it have hurt the dog if the vet couldn't find the vain immediately? The vet took about 4 minutes looking for the vain and the popped it. Then had too take the other arm and looked for probably another few…

I had to put a dog down the other day. Would it have hurt the dog if the vet couldn't find the vain immediately? The vet took about 4 minutes looking for the vain and the popped it. Then had too take the other arm and looked for probably another few…...
    General Dog Discussions : Putting dog to sleep: Would it have hurt while the vet couldn't find the vain?...

• Putting dog to sleep: Would it have hurt while the vet couldn't find the vain?

Putting dog to sleep: Would it have hurt while the vet couldn't find the vain? General Dog Discussions
      I had to put a dog down the other day. Would it have hurt the dog if the vet couldn't find the vain immediately? The vet took about 4 minutes looking for the vain and the popped it. Then had too take the other arm and looked for probably another few minutes but this time was successful. Would it have hurt? The dog seemed unresponsive to the pressing of the needle into her arm?As she was struggling she almost poked me with the thing.

Putting dog to sleep: Would it have hurt while the vet couldn't find the vain? General Dog Discussions
    • That's distressing for the owner and there would have been a certain amount of trauma for the dog. We don't really know how aneasthetics work (Euth. is an overdose) but one function of it is to cancel out immediate memories. Next time you need to have a dog PTS pay to have them heavily sedated first.