My border collie confuses me?

My dog barks constantly he is a border collie 12 months old i know they are a noisy breed. When i walk him he barks and whines at other dogs even with his halti on this is very confusing as he only does this in our village he doesn't at agility shows or…

My dog barks constantly he is a border collie 12 months old i know they are a noisy breed. When i walk him he barks and whines at other dogs even with his halti on this is very confusing as he only does this in our village he doesn't at agility shows or…...
    General Dog Discussions : My border collie confuses me?...

• My border collie confuses me?

My border collie confuses me? General Dog Discussions
      My dog barks constantly he is a border collie 12 months old i know they are a noisy breed. When i walk him he barks and whines at other dogs even with his halti on this is very confusing as he only does this in our village he doesn't at agility shows or the vets even in another village. he just wants to play but others don't see it like this and my other dog joins in and she has a deep bark. he loves other dogs but how can i stop this.

My border collie confuses me? General Dog Discussions
    • I have a dog that does the same thing, although he even does it at agility trials. I have taught him tricks. When I see another dog coming and he starts to get distracted, I call his name and start to do a bunch of tricks with him. He spins, sits pretty, does puppy push ups, anything I can think of. Now when he sees another dog, he looks to me to see if we are going to "play". He has improved greatly. Good luck