what should be done if a puppy eats marijuana?

what should be done if a puppy eats marijuana?...
    General Dog Discussions : what should be done if a puppy eats marijuana?...

• He should be offered tasty treats and rock and roll music to eat by. You should sit with him and listen to his senseless verbalizations. Perhaps you should smoke a joint or two and make an afternoon of it. You could have snacks and perhaps a knap after too.

• It's just a plant, after all. I'd watch my puppy and monitor breathing, etc. If I noticed any problems, I would take the puppy to the veterinarian. Maybe you wouldn't even have to mention what the puppy ate, just be ambiguous, and say, I think my puppy may have gotten into the (kitchen, bathroom, some other area of the house where chemicals, etc. may be located) and eaten something.

• Don't worry about it. The dog will have nothing more than a tummyache, if even that much. THC does not have an effect unless heated - that's why people smoke it rather than eat it (and when they bake with it, there are techniques of releasing the THC before putting it into the food). Puppy should be just fine.

• Marijuana is very toxic for dogs, specially for a puppy. Your dog may go into shock, vomit or have diarrhea. if severe you should take it to a vet for it may cause it to have health problems later in life.

• Although in larger quantities marijuana may cause depression, vomiting, and respiratory problems, in small quantities, "Marijuana is not bad for dogs in the sense that it will harm them," says Dr. Steven Radbill, co-author of "The Complete Book of Questions Dog Owners Ask Their Vet and the Answers," and owner of the Radbill Animal Hospital in Philadelphia. "But, like people, marijuana would probably make some dogs lose some of their judgment. "Dogs can act very bizarre under it," he continued. "People call me in the middle of the night and don't say what happened, but I know what is going on, because they say their dog has fallen out of the bed, is acting really weird, vocalizing, and his eyes are dilated."Still, he says marijuana isn't a good idea for dogs psychologically because, "the dog doesn't realize what's happening to him. Cats wouldn't have as strong a reaction because they're used to their catnip