why would my puppies poop look like it has blood in it??

its the newspaper that looks kinda red he pooped and it seems reddish. i just got him the other day and he has not had his shots! its not a lot but a liitle! i am really worried .if i have to ill get a payday advance and get him to the veti am paper…

its the newspaper that looks kinda red he pooped and it seems reddish. i just got him the other day and he has not had his shots! its not a lot but a liitle! i am really worried .if i have to ill get a payday advance and get him to the veti am paper…...
    General Dog Discussions : why would my puppies poop look like it has blood in it??...

• why would my puppies poop look like it has blood in it??

why would my puppies poop look like it has blood in it?? General Dog Discussions
      its the newspaper that looks kinda red he pooped and it seems reddish. i just got him the other day and he has not had his shots! its not a lot but a liitle! i am really worried .if i have to ill get a payday advance and get him to the veti am paper training right now hes only 10-11 wks old

why would my puppies poop look like it has blood in it?? General Dog Discussions
    • He may have worms, i would get him to the vet as soon as you could, and the vet will do a stool sample, but voice your concerns to the vet. And then they can get him started on his shots, and so on, i wouldn't recommend taking him around other animals till you find out what is going on.. But your vet will be able to give you the answer you need.. Best of luck

• your dog might have worms because my dog had the same thing when he was a puppy you should go to the vet soon because worms feed off what your dog eats and then they get very thin and they can die. you can just go to your vet and ask them to give u pills and check your dog for worms

• This could also be a sign of one kind of worms (hook) or could be an irritated bowel or stomach. If you are feeding this pup dry food, it is probably too hard and rough for his little tummy and he needs it moistened and softened until he get older.Get him to the Vet, check for Parvo, worms, etc. Get his vaccinations started.

• Could be the food youre giving it is too dry and in order to pass the wast, it's poop is scraping the inside of it's bowels .... the other answer could be there is a rupture of some sort in its bowels, either the small or large intestine .... get it checked out as soon as possible - with any luck it won't be anything or won't have progressed too far ....and don't worry about the vet - they will come to an arrangement with you - their main concern is the animal.....

• Your puppy is way over due for his shots. They start at 6 weeks old. You need to take him to the vet ASAP. Blood in stools at a young age could mean your puppy has parvo which is a serious and deadly illness- he should have recieved a parvo shot at 6 weeks old and you are overdue for it.

• Vet visit is necessary ASAP. If his behavior changes negatively before you get him to an appointment, take him to an emergency vet because it could be Parvo which is very serious and usually deadly.How old is he? My 10 month old male had bloody diarrhea last week and we were worried to death that it was Parvo even though he had been vaccinated. It turned out that his prostate was enlarged. There exists the possibility that this could be the cause, especially if he's over 5 months, unaltered and exposed to female dogs.

• i think even if u dont have any money get him to the blue cross, or the rspca, it dosnt sound good when u say it looks like blood, he might have just scratched his tummy inside with something sharp like a bit of biscuit or bone, but go to the vets asap

• He should be taken to the vet as soon as possible. This could be from intestinal parasites that are tearing his intestinal lining or depleting your puppy of all his nutrients. He needs an intestinal parasite exam to determine this and appropriate de-wormer. If not some parasites can be fatal. He could also have parvo since he is not vaccinated and should be tested for that as well, if left untreated parvo is fatal. Parvo is also highly contagious for other dogs. He could also have inflammation in the colon from being stressed out and will need an anti-biotic to clear that. All need to be seen by a vet to determine what the cause is.

• Get him to a vet ASAP! This is a bad sign and needs to be taken care of right away! Make sure not to let him go near any other animals at this time, as whatever he has could be contagious! (parasites, parvo, etc)Dont'cha love these surprises pet-owning brings? -sigh- ^^;

• Most puppies are infected with worms at some point in their life. The good news about worms is that they sound worse than they are. Getting rid of them is not difficult – but prevention and treatment are very important. Your veterinarian can diagnose what kind of worms your puppy has and recommend the appropriate prescription. The bad news is that worms can cause weight loss, weakness and dehydration. Some types, if left untreated, may even be transferred to humans. Most puppies experience worms at some point in their life so it is important to know how to recognize and treat worms. The four most common worms Tapeworms: There are many different types of tapeworms. Swallowing infected fleas while grooming is the way most puppies get the tapeworm infection. If you see your puppy dragging his behind along the ground, or excessively licking his anal area, he may have tapeworms. Tapeworms can grow to be up to 32 inches in length. Segments look like bits of rice, and can be found on the skin and in the hair around the anal area. They may also show up in your puppy's stool. Getting rid of your puppy's fleas is important in preventing future tapeworm infections. The stool of infected puppies is full of tapeworm eggs. Flea larvae eat the tapeworm eggs, and can then re-infect your puppy. Roundworm: Roundworms can grow up to seven inches in length. They may be visible in your puppy's stool as eggs, or what looks like strands of spaghetti. Puppies become infected with roundworm when they ingest something that has been contaminated with larvae. If your puppy has roundworm his weight may drop and he may appear tired and weak. See your veterinarian immediately. If left untreated, roundworm can be passed to humans. Hookworms: This worm is passed when dogs ingest the hookworm larvae - it can also penetrate a dog's skin. Hookworms consume large amounts of blood and are usually ¾ of an inch long. They live on your puppy's intestinal wall. Your veterinarian may be able to spot these worms by examining your puppy's stool under a microscope. If your puppy has diarrhea that is very dark in color or contains blood consult your veterinarian immediately. Whipworms: Whipworms are passed to your puppy when he swallows the eggs. They live in the colon of infected puppies and can cause inflammation of the colon. They can be difficult to diagnose because the eggs don't show up in stool until about 3 months after infection. The main symptom is a bloody stool. Prevention Puppies should start receiving treatment a few weeks after they are born, before they show signs of the infection. When you bring your puppy home for the first time, or if you suspect he has worms, take a stool sample to your veterinarian to have it checked microscopically for intestinal parasites. Keep your puppy free from fleas and this will help prevent tapeworm. Always clean up after your puppy. Infected stools that haven't been cleaned up can re-infect him. Most puppies take heartworm medication – speak to your veterinarian about heartworm medication that helps to prevent intestinal worms.