What breed of dog do you have?

tell me the temperment and how your dogs health is. Also desribe how they act with small children.

What breed of dog do you have?

tell me the temperment and how your dogs health is. Also desribe how they act with small children....
    General Dog Discussions : What breed of dog do you have?...

• Miniature Pinscher - relatively healthy, prone to diarrhea. He's an old grump, really. Alright with small children if they're well behaved. If not, I put him in his crate for the safety of all involved.Pit Bull Mix - Healthy as a horse. Sweet, lovable, friendly. Good at "reading" moods. If I want to do something active, she's ready for it. I want to curl up and veg out on the couch, she sprawls across my feet and crashes with me. Loves all people, but seems especially fond of small children. Only issue is she may knock one over trying to lick it. Highly recommend!When you go to get a dog, take your children with you. Try not to get a tiny dog. They are often easily hurt by small children. Owning a dog affects the entire family, so it should be a family's decision together. You'll know the right dog when you see it.Have fun!

• I have a11 week pitbull puppy named rozko, hes a spunky lil guy,very hyper. Is the most happiest pup alive. he hasnt had anything nothing major wrong with him yet,he had worms but thats common in puppies. Most people are afriad of him but hes no harm! Small children he loves them, he gets lil over excited though after he sits and calms down they can pet him. we socialize him with alot of people and dogs. socialization is the key!

• i have2 mutts!! ones a shiperke/silky terrier mix (bundles of energy and loves to make me happy). the others a wire hair terrier/chow mix. (tons of energy too, little bit more stubborn). both love kids, both love me!

• I have a Golden Retriever as well. We adopted him when he was 8 from people who mistreated him, but he is the sweetest dog you will ever meet.. hardly barks, loves all people and very calm with children. He's 11 now and has arthritis (many older Goldens get arthritis) but we give him Thyroid and medication in his food and he's happy and healthy. I definitely recommend Goldens (but beware- they shed!)

• *Dalmatian-Must train these dogs from the start. They have been known to snip at children, but I exposed her to kids early and she loves them. She will sit and let anyone pet her with her tail wagging. She has no health problems. She is very calm, but needs lots of room to run. I think a lot of people would tell you the opposite about dalmatians, but mine is very different from most, the only problem I have had with her is for a while she was leaving our house and wandering around the neighborhood (we live in the country) for 2-7 days at a time. The first few times I worried about her constantly, but she always come back after a few days.*Red Heeler-She is very good with kids. Will sit if you make her and she will let anyone pet her. Also, need to be firm with these dogs as they are meant to be herding dogs. She likes to run, but will not leave our acreage. She is in very good health.*Austrailian Shepherd-Also very good with kids and is also meant to be a herding dog. She is good with strangers, but sometimes gets too excited and 'piddles' on the floor. She is very calm and likes to follow/herd me when I'm outside.My dogs are all excellent dogs. They are very well behaved, good with children. and in good health. These dogs are outside dogs during the day while my husband and I are at work, but come in the house when we get home and stay in all night.

• 1. Wild Bosnian Dog - he is very calm and sweet despite the fact that he was a wild dog before I adopted him. He nice around everyone, including kids, and I'm in the process of getting him registered as a therapy dog. His health is fine, the only time he's need to go to the vet other than for check-ups is when he was attacked by a white shepherd.2. Boxer - she's only 5.5 months, but she needs to be kept away from kids. She's like the energizer bunny. She never stops. Bounces off the wall. Her health is perfect so far, she had a responsible breeder, so hopefully cancer (common in Boxers) will be avoided. Like her brother (the wild dog) only time she's been to the vet other than for check up and her ear cropping was when she was bitten in the eye by a German Shepherd. She did provoke it, though, she ran up to his food bowl while he was eating.2. Doberman Pinscher - perfect, perfect, perfect. I can't express how spectacular the breed is. Loyal, friendly, calm, and everything in between. Her learned how to sit, lie down and bark on command within one day. His health wasn't good when I got him. He was a puppy that was being fed adult dog food. He also had tapeworms. He was very weak and in a lot of pain when I got him. The vet gave him vitamins, antibiotics and pain killers and he started to get better in a few days. Now, a month later, he is a normal 6 month old puppy.

• We currently have a black lab/dachshund mix. She is the best. She is very sweet, playful, healthy and great with our five year old who is still learning how to interact with a dog. She came to us via my mother who found her as a stray. She has been fully house broken since day one and was about a year old when we got her.We had tried two other dogs before this one. One was a German Shepherd who was just too hyper for our modest home and was too much for my wife to handle. The other was a Blue Healer who had to be put down after biting my son without provocation. We alomost gave up after that one. My wife and I felt extremely guilty about it.But this little girl we have now is great.It sounds like maybe you are looking for a dog. I searched high and low and I'll tell you everyone who was selling told us how great their dogs were with kids. Don't take their word for it. Do your research. Go see prospective pets as a family in person and take your time making a decision. I'd check out the humane society and rescue organizations. Also try mixed breads or as some say mutts. They are generally healthier and often of good temperment, and unless you need a show dog for some reason they are much cheaper. Some times you'll find people giving away litters for free. A small dog for now would most likely be better around small children. Not that a big dog would intentionally hurt a child, but pups are playful and at times don't know their own strength. (That was the case with our G.S.) I hope this helps. Good luck from the school of trial and error.Below is a web site you may find helpful.

• I have a Rottweiler German Shepherd mix. He's a good natured dog, hes friendly and affectionate, and extremely intelligent.He is very healthy, he eats well and has strong bones and joints.He is fantastic around small children. He adores them and doesnt mind when they prod at him and pull on his ears, he just licks them more.

• I currently own a German Shepherd, Rottwieler, two Pit Bull's, and last but not least, two Chihuahua's!! It's one big family in my house!! The shep, MaXamillion, is very timid, and first to hide. However, he is also the worst one around children, he doesn't give a warning growl, he just lunges for what a kid has, or the kid. My rotty, Diesel, is a big baby, he thinks he's a lap dog. at 165lbs, there's clearly no way. Diesel can be aggressive with children, but only when playing, or provoked. aside from that, he's one of the best family dogs I've ever had. The two pit's Oscar, and Priscilla, are also great family dogs. Watch dogs is what they are. Most people say they are bad dogs, but any dog can be bad. When I was a kid, I watched my best friend get attacked by a golden retriever. And finally, my little babes, the Chihuahua's. Albear, and Sophie. They are just the cutest little things anyone could ask for, great around kids too, even though Sophie is shy. the only problem with those two, potty training. It takes almost four times longer to train them, b/c their bladders are four times smaller. 15 minutes after they eat or drink, they gotta go!! But other than that, all of my dogs are amazing. They each have likes, and dislikes. The one thing to remember is that you want to get a dog that is good with kids already, or is young enough to be trained. And DON'T FORGET TO TEACH YOUR KIDS HOW TO BE GOOD WITH THE DOG!! GOOD LUCK!