What breed of dog do you have?

tell me the temperment and how your dogs health is. Also desribe how they act with small children.

tell me the temperment and how your dogs health is. Also desribe how they act with small children....
    General Dog Discussions : What breed of dog do you have?...

• What breed of dog do you have?

What breed of dog do you have? General Dog Discussions
      tell me the temperment and how your dogs health is. Also desribe how they act with small children.

What breed of dog do you have? General Dog Discussions
    • I have a golden retriever. Amazing with kids and adults equally but at time a little over excited :) Health is perfect although she did get bitten by a bad tick and got lyme disease a few years ago :( But she is an amazing dog and golden retrievers are perfect family pets.

• i have a boxer, despite the bad dog look that they have, they are very friendly, play full and they love kids, the bad thing is that they have a low life expectancy about 7 years, but i love my boxer

• I have a Boston Terrier. We have never had health issues with him, and he's two. He is good with kids, but he does get excited. He has never been aggressive with anyone. He is also not food aggressive. I had my neice put dog treats into his food dish and pet him while he ate without concern.

• Labrador Retrievers - Two......hence the name =]They are very easy-going dogs, one is only 4 months, and despite the typical craziness that comes from having a puppy, surprisingly she's pretty calm! Our other is 8, and both are very good with kids, ours and others :) Healthy as horses. Only thing is, Labs dont' have a very high life expectancy though, which is awful - the larger the breed, the shorter their life expectancy ;(

• I have a beagle with chocolate colorings (as opposed to tri-color). She is protecive in the sense that she will bark and howl when a stranger gets too close to the car or house, but she is very sweet and smart. The only thing she has ever done to a person was lick them and want their attention. She has great health, and beagles are fairly easy to take care of. A pure bred or a beagle mixed dog are great pets.

• maltese/poodle....hypoallergenic, wonderful dog very sweet, you can take his food away or grab for a bone, no negative response. He loves kids and thinks he's a big dog who would love to be riding in a truck with the wind in his ears. He loves big dogs and is protective of his mommy. Small kids, other then he was never taught not to jump on them, he is of no harm, and of course you could train your dog.

• My beagle is great with kids and loves to run. Real frisky as a pup but settle in real nicely. If they ever cross paths with a rabbit they will chase. Not a big clean-up for accidents either.

• My dog is a crossbreed and has never been sick a day in her life. She is the sweetest dog I've ever known, still very playful and she must be around fifteen years old.

• half wolf, shepherd. He is a great dog. Very friendly, very protective with the kids and family.He loves all other animals, plays with out cats and other dogs. He loves water, he has his own pool, will get into the shower with us. The only health problem he has is his shoulder, he was growing to fast, we just give him aspirin and mix puppy and adult food to slow his growing.HE IS THE BEST DOG!!!!!!

• I have a pit bull/pointer mix. Her health is fine, although she does have gas pretty bad, which is nothing more than an inconvienience. As for how she acts with children, she won't actively go after them, but she will bark out of fear. But once the children approach and let her sniff them, she's nothing but a wagging tail and a puppy wanting to play.

• I have a shih-tzu. She had a problem with low blood sugar when she was really little. She is good around small children. She licks alot though, but that habit could be curbed at a young age. She has a great temperment. She has NEVER bitten anyone; even growled. She'd lick someone to death before she'd ever hurt anyone.

• We have a 4 yr old half black lab, half Border collie. She is AWESOME with kids. She is not the typical hyperactive dog. Most labs are. The other is a Shih Tzu puppy...5 months old. She is great,too. You should get a puppy in that breed though as some adult Shih Tzus are tempormental. Shih Tzus rank very high on the "good with kids and family" list of dogs! :)I found a fun little dog site for you!

• I have a long-haired dachshund. I love her, she is a sweetheart. She swims with us and we have fun with her. She is potty trained. She is only one year old, so she is still stubborn, but that is part of her personality. She does well with children, the more she is around a person or child, the friendlier she is with them.

• I have a 6 months old French Bulldog and he is the cutest thing in the world. I got lucky because he has a really good temperament. He's always playful and friendly. Affectionate as well. You should thhink about getting one. =)