Where do you buy your dog food?

Where do you buy dog food from? Chain petstore? Local petstore? Dog boutique? Vet's office? Feed store? Mail order? Other? (Just curious where everyone is deciding to buy food from.).And why do you chose to buy food from the particular place you do? …

Where do you buy dog food from? Chain petstore? Local petstore? Dog boutique? Vet's office? Feed store? Mail order? Other? (Just curious where everyone is deciding to buy food from.).And why do you chose to buy food from the particular place you do? …...
    General Dog Discussions : Where do you buy your dog food?...

• Where do you buy your dog food?

Where do you buy your dog food? General Dog Discussions
      Where do you buy dog food from? Chain petstore? Local petstore? Dog boutique? Vet's office? Feed store? Mail order? Other? (Just curious where everyone is deciding to buy food from.).And why do you chose to buy food from the particular place you do? Convenience? Quality? Price? Other?.

Where do you buy your dog food? General Dog Discussions
    • Well sometimes at a pet food store just for dogs. Small store only carries the good dog food and sometimes at Agway. They carry the Canidae too! I havent been in a PetCo pr PetsMart in years.

• I buy my food at a small, locally-owned store, The Dog's Meow. (http://www.dogsmeow.com/) They're the closest carrier of Evo, my trainer recommended them, and they have a "security" dog (a Chihuahua mix in a "security" rhinestone-studded jacket that is hilariously cute). I like that they have these things going for them. I'm kind of bummed that they don't have the bones I want to start feeding my dog though.

• Well, I work at PetCo, but buy my food from Gourmutts Bakery. A little boutique shop that focuses on high quality food and in store baked cookies. I feed Timberwolf and it's the only place around that carries it.

• I use to buy my dog's food (chicken soup...) from his obedience school because it was the cheapest price around and very convenient. Now that we're done training we'll be buying from a local store, probably a boutique. It will cost a little more but it's not as far away as the school.

• I buy from our local petstore because the quality of their food is higher than chain stores like Wal-Mart.Edit- I use Chicken soup for my two dogs and cat. Its a wonderful brand and I'm glad to see others are using it too!

• I feed my dogs Canidae All Life Stages, and there is a feed store called Dog Lovers. It's the only place closest to where I live, that sells Canidae, and the prices are very reasonable.

• I don't personally support pet shops that sell live animals, so I buy my pet stuff at a local Pet Valu store here in Ontario. Not all PV's are good (IMO) but the one I shop at is amazing. I don't care about price, I love the service.

• I buy my dog's food at Walmart and petsmart. I get it at Walmart for the price since I don't have money to buy a big bag. I buy at Petsmart because sometimes I like to let them eat other food they like thats at Petsmart.

• Basically if you can buy it in a grocery store, don't buy it. Many pet stores sell the same foods as vets or specialty stores. The main thing you need to know is how to read the ingredient label. Where you get it doesn't matter it's what you get.

• I buy mine from a pet store or mail order. Never buy from grocery store or Walmart. They sell low quality food. They have By- products in them. Make sure you look at the label for this. If it has it, don't buy it. They are fillers.