Where do you buy your dog food?

Where do you buy dog food from? Chain petstore? Local petstore? Dog boutique? Vet's office? Feed store? Mail order? Other? (Just curious where everyone is deciding to buy food from.).And why do you chose to buy food from the particular place you do? …

Where do you buy your dog food?

Where do you buy dog food from? Chain petstore? Local petstore? Dog boutique? Vet's office? Feed store? Mail order? Other? (Just curious where everyone is deciding to buy food from.).And why do you chose to buy food from the particular place you do? …...
    General Dog Discussions : Where do you buy your dog food?...

• I buy from what I call a "Pet Food" supermarket they have several natural foods that are hard to find.

• I buy the raw protion from our local farmers market, they sell organic chicken/duck.turkey backs and necks for about a dollar a pound. Sometimes, i get meat from walmart and freeze it if it is on sale....When i do buy kibble for camping/boarding, i go to our Pet Supplies Plus, they are the only pet store in my city that sells Innova Evo for cats and dogs. It's a little far, on the other side of town and takes a good 20 minutes to get there, but it's worth it. It's a great store overall, very clean, small and they know their stuff!!

• Pet Supplies Plus. I use Chicken Soup For The Pet Lovers Soul. Its really good for and has no corn, wheat, soy and other things that doggies shouldn't eat.

• I buy it from costco. its a decent food (much better then crap like pedigree science diet, iams ect) and its a good price.I used to buy at pet value (merricks) but i switched becuase my dogs stomache didnt agree with it. He agrees alot better with the food (kirkland brand) I switched to, and so does my wallet lol

• I buy my dog's Canidae from a place called Kahoots. It's non-chain. It sells pet supplies as well and they also sell reptiles,birds,fish,and small animals. They sell all the best brands of dog food including Nature's Variety and Bravo! raw diets.

• I buy my food from a local "mom and pop" pet store. Only because the only other pet store in town is Petsmart and it doesn't carry any of the brand's I would consider buying... like merrick, wellness, candae or eagle pack.My only other choice is petvalu, which is on the other side of town (and I don't have a car), or another mom and pop shop in town... but I have always been treated like a second class citizen at that shop if I go in and ask a question. Last time I went in to ask about the pricing on their 42" collapsible crates and the woman who helped me (who is also the owner), just made it seem like a real chore to do so.

• Animal Health Store. If they don't have what I want they'll get it for me. Its also nice that if I can't make up it there during store hours (hour drive) they'll leave my order in the entry way for me. The staff is friendly, helpful and Larry the resident bird always puts a smile on your face.

• I buy mine at the local butchers and the grocery store and the only pet food I buy from the local Pet supermarket is the frozen live foods for my fish, and the pigs ear treats my dog loves.The two cats and the dog are fed raw meat and veg and rice it's cheaper to buy the ingredients with our own than it is to buy the frozen prepared pet food. Our local pet supermarket, Pets at Home carries a lot of the natural and high quality foods so I would be buying from them rather than the grocery store if I fed 'pet' food.

• well I feed raw so pretty much where a sale is...or the butcher. i feed very little kibble. but when i do buy it I go to Tractor Supply. or walmart to get a local made crappy brand full of fillers but i know its safe. who doesn't want a bit of junk food now and then? Dad's is the local brand. natural choice i think is the other....i have not bought it in a while...lol i hope they didn't change the package.

• Same place I buy my food - the Grocery store! MInd you my dogs are on a RAW/Homecooked diet ;)When I do need pet supplies. I'm a big fan of online shopping. And one local place around here that will special order me the bigger items when *I* don't want to pay shipping costs.

• I buy from a local petstore. I go there b/c it's the only place that sells the high quality foods (innova, merrick, wellness, timberwolf, etc) and my boys eat Innova.

• I usually buy my pet food at PetSmart because it is cheaper for the same brand there than at their competitors and I know the store I go to checks the expiration dates as well as keeping up on any recall news. I buy Nature's Recipe Venison and Rice because I like the quality, the price is in my range and it meets the needs of all three of my dogs.I like buying food and treats from a busy big chain store that is frequented a lot because their products tend to be fresher and they tend to have great sales as well.

• I buy the Merrick at a local feed store, and when I cook for the dogs, I buy the veggies at Whole Foods, and the meats at either a specialty butcher shop, fish market (I live at the beach), or Whole Foods.Only the best for my pups!!!

• I buy Canidae from the local petfood store usually, I get a deal if I buy 6 bags at a time. If they forget to order the food, then I get it at the local feed store, which is even cheaper, but is a little farther to drive.

• Natural Pet Market, because it's one of the very few stores I know of selling Nature's Variety. It's a small store, not very well-known but sells awesome products. It's because of quality and because it's fairly close by.