Any training tips for a Wolf Hybrid X Japanese Akita?

Just brought a Wolf hybrid X japanese akita, and was wondering if anyone had any training tips? We have heard that they can be very hard to train, but was just wondering if anyone could give me some very handy helpful tips on training, feeding, etc etcI…

Just brought a Wolf hybrid X japanese akita, and was wondering if anyone had any training tips? We have heard that they can be very hard to train, but was just wondering if anyone could give me some very handy helpful tips on training, feeding, etc etcI…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Any training tips for a Wolf Hybrid X Japanese Akita?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Any training tips for a Wolf Hybrid X Japanese Akita?

Any training tips for a Wolf Hybrid X Japanese Akita? Dog Breed Discussions
      Just brought a Wolf hybrid X japanese akita, and was wondering if anyone had any training tips? We have heard that they can be very hard to train, but was just wondering if anyone could give me some very handy helpful tips on training, feeding, etc etcI don't want to hear how nasty they can be because we hear it all the time, but obviously, if it ties in with your answer, then please go ahead, need all the help we can get, many thanks everyone!

Any training tips for a Wolf Hybrid X Japanese Akita? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Woah! If you have got your hands on this potential loaded gun, all the advice/help you need should be available back with whoever bred this pup. I doubt there is anybody on Yahoo Qs who is qualified to give you this advice........ good luck!!!

• All dogs have the same simple minds. They are the same to train.Train your dog with firmness. Don't let it get away with things it shouldn't. But always be gentle and make sure he knows that you love him.

• I don't know anything about wolf hybrids, but I have two akita puppies (1 and 5 months). Someone just recommended this site to me: http://leerburg.com/dogtrainingebooks.htm. They have books and dvds you can buy- but more importantly lots of free information in the form of E-books. That being said I would really socialize your puppy. You want to expose your pup to all sorts of people and places when he is little so that he can build confidence. Also, I've been told to keep training sessions with akitas pretty short as they get bored easy and then lose motivation to listen.