I have a friend who has a pit bull that got in a fight with an akita?

and they both are about four years old. and every since their fighther pit bull shy away from the akita. They normally get along okay.Is the akita a stronger and more aggressive dog than the pit bull?They are both male dogs.

and they both are about four years old. and every since their fighther pit bull shy away from the akita. They normally get along okay.Is the akita a stronger and more aggressive dog than the pit bull?They are both male dogs....
    Dog Breed Discussions : I have a friend who has a pit bull that got in a fight with an akita?...

• I have a friend who has a pit bull that got in a fight with an akita?

I have a friend who has a pit bull that got in a fight with an akita? Dog Breed Discussions
      and they both are about four years old. and every since their fighther pit bull shy away from the akita. They normally get along okay.Is the akita a stronger and more aggressive dog than the pit bull?They are both male dogs.

I have a friend who has a pit bull that got in a fight with an akita? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Akitas are known for their protective and potentially viscious nature if not properly handled. So it isnt unusual for an akita to fight with other dogs if not socialized properly.

• akita's fight like a wolf. most dogs are intimidated by the wolf-type breeds. they are the "gods" among dogs, since all dog breeds come from wolves. that's really hard to believe when you look at a "weenie" dog and other breeds though. lol.

• They are positioning for dominance. Now, if either owner had CONTROL over these dogs, this would not happen. But I fear the statistical odds are that if they are allowed to contact each other, ultimately, one is going to kill the other.

• Akita's can be very aggressive.A friend of mine had a huge male Akita that tore the calf muscle off of a robber. He had just barely made it over the back fence. They later found him in the hospital.Her famale Akita is almost as big as the male and she has killed several dogs and made four dobbies literally climb the walls of their house trying to get back inside.Two were perched on window sills trying to get back in the house.But those dogs were the sweetest dogs you would ever want around the house.It really depends on the dog, but obvisoulsy Akitas can be very protective.

• This is an interesting question. I have two beautiful pure-bred akitas, so I've read up on this. What you call "shying away" is really a normal way canines have of keeping a stable pecking order.Akitas were first used in Japan as hunting dogs. When westerners came along, the Japanese people learned about pit bulls, and tried to breed the akita into a larger, more aggressive dog to compete against the western pit bulls. Their attempt failed, because pit bulls had been used in fighting competition for a long time, and a few years of breeding can't overcome centuries of breeding. The average pit bull will beat the average akita in a fair fight as the Japanese people learned.With akitas, as with huskies, chows, and other northern dogs, it's important to know the pecking order, so they are inclined to fight. It sounds like the akita won this time, and has established himself as the leader of this little pack of two. It is important, now that they've worked this out, that you treat the akita like the leader of the pack. When the two dogs are together, feed him first and give him attention first. It sounds unfair because humans are socialized differently, but it's really best for the dogs. If you elevate the pit bull and lower the akita, they will start to think they're almost equals again, and therefore they will continue to fight to see who's boss. It's better that they both know their place relative to each other, and both dogs will be happier knowing their place in the pack since the most uncomfortable feeling for an akita is that of being an equal.

• Akitas are a guard and protection breed, its in their blood. They aren't necessarily dog-friendly. If teased, an Akita may bite. They are capable of ferocity. Where as Pit Bulls do make good guard breeds, they were bred for fighting other dogs. So they are also not very dog-friendly.With that said, this really isn't a good pair to have together. From my own personal experience that I have had with both breeds, Akitas are much more dog-aggressive and can be highly dangerous.Don't get me wrong though, they are one of the most loving and loyal breeds of dogs around (Pit Bulls as well!)My suggestion (I don't really see an actual question here, so bear with me) is that you get both dogs fixed, and feed them in completely seperate rooms. Otherwise, they could get into a fight and seriously hurt eachother or even kill eachother.Good luck and best wishes.