I think my boxer is finally in labor! How long before she gives birth on average?

She is finally in labor I think. Her temp is at 98.2 degrees. Heavy panting, wont eat and drinks very little. She has already nested this morning and has found her perfect spot. She is very swollen down there but doesnt seem to be straining yet. How long…

I think my boxer is finally in labor! How long before she gives birth on average?

She is finally in labor I think. Her temp is at 98.2 degrees. Heavy panting, wont eat and drinks very little. She has already nested this morning and has found her perfect spot. She is very swollen down there but doesnt seem to be straining yet. How long…...
    General Dog Discussions : I think my boxer is finally in labor! How long before she gives birth on average?...

• I think my boxer is finally in labor! How long before she gives birth on average?

I think my boxer is finally in labor! How long before she gives birth on average? General Dog Discussions
      She is finally in labor I think. Her temp is at 98.2 degrees. Heavy panting, wont eat and drinks very little. She has already nested this morning and has found her perfect spot. She is very swollen down there but doesnt seem to be straining yet. How long should it take for the first baby on average

I think my boxer is finally in labor! How long before she gives birth on average? General Dog Discussions
    • My lab was in labor for at least 20 hours before she had a puppy. My information said that it was long but not dangerous. Is she shivering? Mine shivered alot. Once the first one came, they came on average every 25 minutes. Good luck and have a lot of towels and rags ready.

• I've waited for a couple days after the nesting with my boxer. She nested and nested and when she finally stopped drinking all together and wouldn't leave her nested spot and I had to drag her out to potty then I knew it was time. I never once took a temp on her because I have heard that is not very accurate. When she gets ready for birthing you'll find her licking up her waters. They will usually be changing positions in their area and then it breaks and she will try to clean it up. Here is a link to a good sight all about dog labor. http://www.thepetcenter.com/gen/whelping.htmlHope that helps. There is alot of good reading on the subject there. If you have concerns about her then please call the vet right away...don't wait too long. You should let your vet know that she's laboring anyhow just incase there is a complication.