What Is a web-site for international microchips?

I have just moved overseas to germany with my cat and dog from australia. before i moved i got them both a microchip and the vet said i could change it online, but my problem is that i cant seem to find a good web site to register and change the…

I have just moved overseas to germany with my cat and dog from australia. before i moved i got them both a microchip and the vet said i could change it online, but my problem is that i cant seem to find a good web site to register and change the…...
    General Dog Discussions : What Is a web-site for international microchips?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What Is a web-site for international microchips?

What Is a web-site for international microchips? General Dog Discussions
      I have just moved overseas to germany with my cat and dog from australia. before i moved i got them both a microchip and the vet said i could change it online, but my problem is that i cant seem to find a good web site to register and change the address!! does anyone know an international site for this??

What Is a web-site for international microchips? General Dog Discussions
    • While you can quite possibly change the address associated with the microchip online, the value of doing so is questionable. (if you can find where to go --- great, if not, maybe not as important as one might at first think). Why? Because nothing on the microchip tells the person scanning it where the chip is registered, so it becomes difficult to even find the database your dogs are registered in. What I would do in your circumstance, is talk with local animal control people, or shelters, and find out what databases are in use locally, and then pay what ever fee the maintainers of the database charge, in order to register your dog with them. It sucks, and its not ideal, but it will save you some headaches, and get your dog returned to you faster.Do you know who manufactured the chips? that might help track down the website.I think Australia has a national database --- don't recall with certainty what it was called --- maybe http://www.petregister.com.au/ hooks in to it? This http://www.aar.org.au/ looks like what I was looking at before...