Any good training tips for japanese Akita puppies?

I just got a Purebred Japanese Akita from a good friend of mine. The puppy is almost 8 weeks old and he is kind of wild. I don't think he's being mean but he likes to bite on almost everything. He's friendly with strangers goes right up to them and plays…

I just got a Purebred Japanese Akita from a good friend of mine. The puppy is almost 8 weeks old and he is kind of wild. I don't think he's being mean but he likes to bite on almost everything. He's friendly with strangers goes right up to them and plays…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Any good training tips for japanese Akita puppies?...

• Any good training tips for japanese Akita puppies?

Any good training tips for japanese Akita puppies? Dog Breed Discussions
      I just got a Purebred Japanese Akita from a good friend of mine. The puppy is almost 8 weeks old and he is kind of wild. I don't think he's being mean but he likes to bite on almost everything. He's friendly with strangers goes right up to them and plays and his parents are good natured. I don't think it's his temperament to be aggressive or out of control. He also pees 1-2 times a day on the floor, but he is really good at going outside and coming right back in most of the time. He also tries to be dominant and lead when I take him on walks. But most of the time he listens good to me and He's a quick learner,, I taught him to sit and shake already. Is there a way to make him more disciplined without being mean?

Any good training tips for japanese Akita puppies? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Akitas need obedience training and loads of socialization with people as well as other dogs and animals since they have a strong prey drive. I have a chow chow, and they are fairly similar in personality. So trust me when I say please take him lots of places and meet many people. if you don't he will grow up to be an aggressive, overly protective dog.

• 1. Do not use harsh or punitive methods - you have to be the leader, but in a positive and firm way.2. Socialization - other people and other dogs, as soon as he's had all his vaccinaions.3. Obedience work - not to train him to do obedience, but to understand that he has to do what you ask. If you can find someone in your area that is a Certified Pet Dog Trainer (CPDT) and is comfortable working with large dogs, it might be worth the cost of a couple of sessions.4. Crate train.5. Read everything you can about the breed, dominance in dogs, dog communication, etc. A couple of links below:6. Give him some sturdy chew toys - a Kong or something like that.7. Good luck.